VI

Taehyung wasn't able to sleep that night. He's too scandalized of his own thoughts that he needed to open his eyes for the whole night because every time he closed his eyes, all he can see is the stupid bunny smile of his friend.

"Yes, friend!" He thought to himself.

You see, Taehyung & Jungkook met each other at the wrong time & at the wrong circumstances. Tae is already married to his husband while Jungkook was just an intern of Dr. Park so they both know they are bound to get hurt when they admit the tension between each other.

Taehyung doesn't want to admit the fact that he really is falling for someone he isn't even allowed to fall in love with while Jungkook already accepted the fact that he can never have the person he likes, probably he loves.

The two of them know that loving each other would mean killing each other.

Taehyung can't afford to drag Jungkook in a sinful life while Jungkook would never want to tarnish Taehyung's innocent reputation. That's why when the day comes that Jimin arrived at Taehyung's house to inform him that Junkgook is gone, he didn't even cry.

"Tae do u hear me? Jungkook left already, like for real." Jimin is now screaming at his best friend who shows nothing in his face.

Jimin isn't dumb, he was even angry at Jungkook for leaving without saying goodbye to Tae. And it really hurts him to see Tae pretending to be ok.

"Istg Taehyung I told him to tell you, I told him to at least say good bye but that mf bitch didn't listen to me at all. I thought when he went out last night, he came to you but he sent me a message when he's already inside the airport telling me that he didn't even say goodbye to you?"

Jimin knows he's blabbering. He knows it's useless to rant or vent his frustration now. But what really annoys him is Taehyung's lack of response. It seems like he's even relieve that Junggkook is gone?!

"Taehyung!? For goodness sake, please say something!" Jimin yelled again.

"But Chim, what do u want me to say?" Tae replied while his hands are still busy mixing the cake batter in the mixing bowl in front of him.

Yes, baking is something he started to learn since Bo & him had the agreement.

"Anything, maybe your true feelings about this?" JM sighed.

Taehyung then put down the whisk & face his best friend.

"Chim do you know how happy I am right now?" he said in all honesty.

"But Tae..." Jimin whined not buying Taehyung's words.

"I am happy because I've just proven that I am indeed capable of loving a person more than I could love myself. I could have been selfish & let myself fall for Jungkook & we could run away together, maybe have our own piece of forever." he is smiling but he started to tear up.

"Jungkook is a very talented & passionate man. We only spent less than a year together but he had shown me everything I need to see to understand that love is indeed kind & definitely not selfish. He could've seduced me & I should've left Bo for him but he's too kind not to let me ruin myself." Taehyung confessed for the very first time.

Jimin is speechless. He doesn't know what right words to say because he now finally understands how his two bestfriends killed their own hearts so they could let each other live & hope that both each find real happiness.