Chapter 9: Distance

Gon POV

The rest of the night was extremely awkward. After Killua can back from the bathroom we just sat in silence until Kurapika and Leorio decided they were gonna sleep.

It was currently 4 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was that kiss and how good it felt. Killua's soft lips being pressed against mine. His taste lingered on my lips. I kept glancing over at him. He had his back turned to me so I couldn't see his face.

"Killua, I know you're awake." I said quietly as to not wake the other two males up. Killua didn't respond.

"Look I just wanted to say I'm sorry. About earlier. I understand if you're upset with me I just-"

"It's fine Gon, don't worry about it." Killua cut me off. "It was just part of the game... right?" Killua sounding shaky as if he was tearing up. 'Did I hurt him?' I thought to myself as I felt the tears creep up in my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

"Y-yeah.." I responded hesitantly. The truth was I wanted it to be true. I wanted the kiss to be real. Because after our kiss, I finally realized something that I didn't understand for a long time. And the more I thought about it, the more it all made sense. Why I was so attached to Killua, why i couldn't stop thinking about him, why i found him so attractive, why i always feel so warm when I'm with him, why his touch leaves me wanting it to last longer, why his gaze paralyzed me. I understood now. And it became clear as day when I finally said the words in my head to myself.

'I'm in love with Killua...'

-

The next day came, the four of us were eating the breakfast me and Kurapika prepared in the kitchen. There was still that awkward silence. I wanted to talk to Killua, but I didn't know if he was in the mood to or now. The silence was only over powered by the sounds of us chewing and our forks clicking with the plates as we picked up more food. The silence was finally broken when Kurapika spoke up.

"So, Leorio and I planned and going out today and we wanted to know if you guys wanted to join us." Me and Killua both nodded as we finished our plates and set them in the sink.

"Whay did you guys have in mind?" Killua asked.

"Well, there's this carnival that opened up in Zaban city and Kurapika and I wanted to go check.We were planning on staying there for a week or two and we thought you guys could come with up." Leorio stated as me and Killua both nodded.

"Then it's settled, we leave in 1 hour. Go get your stuff ready guys." Kurapika waved us off as we went up to my room and start packing. The entire time we packed Killua and I didn't say anything to each other and I hated it. I wanted to talk to him dammit! We finished packing and still had thirty minutes to spare.

"So Killua, what do you-"

"I'm gonna go for a walk..." Killua said bluntly and got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked slightly concerned.

"Nowhere... I'll be back before we have to leave.."

"But-" before I could even finish my sentence, the door closed and Killua was already Gon. I flopped backwards onto the bed and sighed looking up at the ceiling.