Chapter 3: Life Without Nen

Gon POV

I was working at the docks doing my usual heavy lifting job. It was no question that I was the strongest guy on the island despite only being 17 while the other veterans were much older than me. Life has been pretty slow paced since I came back to Whale Island but I didn't mind it. I've gone through alot on my adventure to find Ging. It was physically and mentally taxing as all hell but some sick part of my still misses it.

After I lost my nen, (cause I'm an idiot, just your daily reminder) and met Ging who I realized wasn't actually a good dad but more so was like a cool uncle, which is ironic since I live with my aunt, I came back to Whale Island where I spent the past 3 years helping Aunt Mito 'expand her brand' even though she didn't have a brand to begin. But I mean she was half right in a sense cause she's now the owner of the most successful grocery store on Whale Island! Can you believe it?!

Anyways, my main job is at the docks mostly moving heavy stuff, but I have a part time job at Aunt Mito's grocery store where I... you guessed it... also move heavy stuff. Hoorayyyyyyyyyy... I didn't mind though. I always enjoyed helping people.

I will say, all the training I've done up to this point still helps alot. I may not have nen anymore but I can still punch with the force of a semi truck. I still got my super human strength, speed, agility, heightened senses. The works. Hell, I'm pretty sure even without nen I could be able to open every testing gate at the Zoldyck manner with ease. I also have a regular work out routine to make sure I stay in shape. Against regular people I had nothing to worry about, but put me up against a nen user and I'm dead meat.

I've also matured alot over the span of time. Yes I still have my childish attitude, that much is never changing no matter how hard I or anyone else tries, and I'm still hella stubborn but I'm a much more rational thinker by now. I still go with my gut feeling most of the time but im mature enough to where I can look back at my petty acts back when I was still with Killua and want to go back to the past and slap myself for being a damn idiot.

*sigh* 'Killua...'

*ahem* Anyways enough about that. I just finished my shift at the docks and was about to head back home as it was starting to get dark when I saw a woman in high heels making her way over to me. Her steps clicking louder the closer she got. She stopped a few feet away and smirked at me.

"Heyyy~" the woman said in a peculiarly suggestive manner. It sent a shiver up my spine as I got instant Hisoka vibes from the lady as she was obviously older than me. Ugh... never thought I'd say that name again.

"Uhhh... hi?" I said more as a question than a response. She takes a few steps closer till she's right in front of me as I feel my body immediately tense up. She was wearing a skintight white dress with a fluffy white jacket covering her along with a white oversized fedora. She had short black hair, a small mole on the side of her face and was wearing glasses and HOLY COW SHE IS TALL?!? She basically towered over me and made me feel like a midget. I gulped waiting for her response.

"You're cute~" she said her way of speech once again giving me the vibe of that stupid clown pervert. I hated it.

"Uh... thanks?" I once again replied more as question than an answer.

"Not going to return the compliment~?" she stared down at me. I mean I gotta admit, she was attractive, but not my type. Sorry lady. I just froze waiting for the worst to come. I don't know why I was so intimidated by this lady but she gave off such a sinister aura. Like a witch.