Part 1

Alyssas POV:

"It's been 10 years since i graduated high school. 10 years of literally no progress whatsoever in my life. They called me up for my 10 year high school reunion and I'm the exact same. Relapse over relapse over relapse. 60 days sober JUST...... to start all over again." I told everyone around me at the AA meeting.

"I never really knew why I started to do drugs," I told them. That was a total lie.

"I haven't found anyone around me to help right now get the courage to stop. I just feel... really alone. Except i have my Law & Order shows that keep my company most of the time. " I continued

That part was true. Telling the truth, I wish I had any other life. X-ray vision is a curse. Not knowing how to control something that seems so easy to do to the naked eye, until you think of all the things you can't un-see 😃.  The drugs seemed to be the things to help me, and they make me feel happy for once.

Plus I can mentally date Stefania Spampinato.

"Thank you Alyssa." The meeting organizer states in a very monotone way. She like- hates me.

The rest of the day was a blur. I was tired, and I had one thing on my mind. Okay fine, I had two. My high school reunion. (And drugs). Everyone probably has a hold on their lives, while I'm over here doing the same thing since sophomore year.

Crap. That means Im going to have to see my old friends. Stupid Sydney, Erin, and Maddie. We slowly got out of touch because of all the mental issues we all have. Ugh, I hope there lives are as shitty as mine.

That was the moment I decided I needed to change my life. Turn it around. It needs to be done, and preferably sooner than later.

I get up and adjust my side part to be even more to the side than before. I grab my wallet, my phone, and head out to go to the mall. I hate that place.

There's to much positivity in that place. Inspiring quotes on every wall and on every poster in every store. Ugh, they disgust me.  There is one store that calls out to me: hot topic. They have an amazing - and I mean amazing- selection of black sweaters and Kendall and Kylie leggings.

I bought 4 new sweaters and 3 new leggings and now no one will recognize me when we go to the reunion. Oh who am I kidding. They'll know exactly who I am.

Erin POV:

I look up from my phone after endlessly strolling on tiktok to see I got an email. From my high school. My high school. I thought I blocked that place. It's been 10 years since I graduated from that hellhole and I guess now they want to do a reunion. Ugh.

"Hey, guess who just emailed me" I say to my fiancé.

"Who just emailed you Erin?" A deep voice responded.

"My high school just emailed me. The place I hated most." I was bullied cause my stupid self decided to use my powers on school property while someone recorded me on there camcorder and uploaded it to YouTube. Ah, 2020 was an amazing year for me.

Oh I should probably tell you about my fiancé. His name is Mason, and he is the love of my life! I was 14, searching for the guy i once loved on Instagram for the 3rd time that week. Jason. Except, this time I accidentally clicked 'm' instead of 'j'. That's when I saw Mason.

He has brown hair, brown eyes, with an amazing 6 pack. He is taller than me, and has the most adorable smile. Almost as nice as Jason's. I told my (at the time) best friends Maddie, Sydney and Alyssa about him right away. They thought I was crazy and slowly lost touch with me ever since I started dating him. They tried to make me stop, but I found the closest thing to Jason I've ever found in the 3 years that I looked for him.

Maddie, Sydney, Alyssa and I used to be super tight. We all had powers which seemed super cool, and we've never met anyone else like us.  We had this very different connection that no one else could understand, and everyone else kind of thought we were insane. Me dating Mason, Alyssas drug habits, Maddie's obsessive horror show and movie watching, and Sydney's weird commitment issues slowly tore us apart. We don't talk much anymore.

But then this email means I have to see them again. After 10 years, they've probably changed so much, I'm over here staying the same. Still with mason, and living off of his money.

That was the moment I needed to get my life together. I decided to get a job. The only available position. A stripper. I've honestly dreamed of the moment I'd be able to spin around a pole and get paid for doing it. I've spun around many poles in my lifetime, and even took pole dancing lessons.

I'm going to get my life together.