Questions And Possibility's

Admiral Thrawn stands aboard the bridge of his ship looking at his data screen. On it showed a map of Vale. There was a red dot at the Tea Shop where Mercury Black was killed. Then there were two black dots, one at Junior's Bar, and the other at the alleyway where Ciel Soleil's body was found with a few others. Thrawn looks to the left seeing the lack of information on the whereabouts of the dead bodies. Behind him the door to the bridge opens and General Ironwood walks in with Penny walking in along side him.

"Thrawn." Ironwood greets.

Thrawn inclines his head. "General. I thank you for bringing Miss Polendina to me." Thrawn thanks. Thrawn then turns his red eyes to Penny. "Miss Polendina. It is a pleasure to finally meet you face to face. I have some questions if you'd be willing to answer."

Thrawn studies Penny's reaction to his request. Her body stance indicates slight discomfort, no, defensiveness. Her face is unchanged, still, and hides any answers. Her eye's however, the robotic pupils widen slightly. Perhaps she is uncomfortable speaking to a stranger or someone of higher authority. Perhaps she has something to hide.

Penny nods slightly. "I will answer as well as I can sir." Penny says.

Her voice holds false and exaggerated enthusiasm, potentially a side effect of her robotic nature. Her choice of words however are interesting. They are more natural, and human like. She should have responded in a more direct and proper manner due to a lack of understanding human norms. Perhaps Pietro's creation was learning quicker than anticipated.

"Good." Thrawn says. "As I understand it, this topic will be difficult for you to discuss. I intend to ask you about your friend and Teammate Ciel Soleil."

Penny's eyes widened slightly in surprise. She had not expected me to ask about Ciel. Her body shifts slightly, her stance relaxing slightly. Her facial expression shows hesitation, no, caution. A curious choice. Why would she be cautious when I spoke about Ciel. Why would her body stance relax. Was she hopeful that I may find Ciel's killer, or is she hiding something else, and now knows that I'm not aware of it. Or is her robotic mind trying and failing to mimic the right response to my statement.

"I understand sir." Penny says.

Thrawn studies her for a moment before he speaks. "Tell me, was their anyone Ciel spoke to when you last saw her?"

"No sir."

Thrawn nods to himself thoughtfully. "Where you aware of any intention from her for going to Vale?"

Penny nods. "She said she was going to purchase some school supplies."

Thrawn's lips compress slightly in confusion. He was aware that Penny hiccups when she lies, a design feature Pietro implemented to ensure his robotic daughter was honest. This implied that Penny was speaking the truth right now. Thrawn looks to Ironwood studying his reaction to the information. His expression shows confusion and frustration.

"That doesn't make sense." Ironwood mutters to himself. "Penny, did she say what supplies you were missing? I was under the impression that your team should've had everything you needed."

Penny shakes her head. "No sir. She didn't elaborate."

Thrawn ponders this for a moment before looking back at his data screen. Without turning to look at Penny, he speaks. "As I understand, you have started a relationship with the student Crimson Vrudas correct?" Thrawn turns to look at her.

Her body stance is slightly defensive again. Subtly positioned in a way that she could fight if she needed to. Ironwood seems to have not noticed. Penny's pupils are narrower possibly indicating caution, and her face expresses happiness likely from mention of her romantic interest.