Chapter 6: Drowning In Abomination Goo

Luz walked down the stairs the next morning, her body ached but not as much as before. She had done her daily routine and drank her elixir this time. She had changed into her day clothes, which were now fixed or maybe just new ones, but either way she figured the Owl Lady had something to do with that. She had then changed her bandages, mainly the one wrapped around her head and hands. The other little cuts and bruises that she had gotten were already healing pretty fast.

Luz entered the kitchen and saw Eda and King. Eda was cooking breakfast, while King sat at the table demanding food. Luz sat down at the table, Eda placing a plate of Griffin eggs in front of her and King. "So me and King are going out to get some stuff. You, however, need to stay here and rest." Eda explained, taking a sip of her apple blood.

"Yeah, it's not everyday that we get to pick at a garbage carcass." King commented sarcastically. Luz looked at him questionably, "how long will you be gone?" Luz asked, looking up at the Owl Lady. Eda shrugged "Til midday probably."

Luz nodded "okay." She wanted to see if she could do a bit of snooping around the house. "That's it? No begging to come with me or asking me to teach you some magic?" Eda asked, tilting her head slightly. "The idea of a garbage carcass doesn't sound like a pleasant one." Luz replied casually, King laughed.

Eda shrugged "fair enough I suppose." She replied, sipping her apple blood. "Anyways, we should get going." Eda set her cup in the sink and scooped up King "hey!" The demon yelled. "Don't destroy the house while we're gone!" Eda yelled, shutting the front door behind her.

Luz sat at the table for a bit, finishing her food before getting up and heading upstairs. She walked down the hallway, humming "where's the Owl Lady's room?"

She opened a few random doors, climbing up a second flight of stairs, and eventually finding what she assumed was Eda's room.

Located at the front of the house where the owl eye-shaped window is. Instead of a bed, there was a nest littered with bones and human junk. A table next to the nest, a window above it, a vanity on the other side of the room and a locked chest next to the vanity.

She walked further into the room, closing the door behind her. She hummed as she snooped around the room, seeing if she could find anything to use as leverage or blackmail if needed. On the nightstand was an empty potion bottle that Luz picked up and inspected.

It smelled a bit like her elixir but slightly different, there was also a tag that read...

'An elixir a day,-'

But the rest of the tag was ripped off, snooping around the table a bit longer didn't give her any clues to where the other half could be. But Luz could guess what it meant "the Owl Lady must be cursed too, probably some type of owl curse if her name is anything to go by." She spoke aloud, putting the potion bottle back onto the table where it was, and putting a hand on her chin in thought.

Going around the room once more and failing to open the locked chest, she opened the drawers of the vanity but there was only random shiny objects inside. She left the room, not being able to find much else and decided to explore the rest of the house.

"Hiya Luz!" A shrill voice greeted her an hour later, Luz jumped and dropped the potion book she was flipping through and turned around to face the house demon. "Oh... hi Hooty." She greeted, picking the book back up from the floor and watching the owl cautiously. "What you doin? Eda said you should be resting." He hooted, curiously. "Uhh, I'm.. exploring I just wanted to see where I would be living for awhile." It was partially true she was also snooping for information, but he didn't need to figure that out.

"I could show you around!" Hooty exclaimed excitedly, Luz grimaced "no thanks Hooty, I'm pretty much done anyways." She put the book back on the shelf she found it on. "How long have you and Eda known each other?" She asked, perhaps the owl tube could give her direct information.