Chapter nine

It's their second day of shoot. Chanyeol was there to oversee them as a senior, which was not at all expected by Y/N.

A lot was going through Namjoon's mind. Chanyeol's presence made him uneasy as he knew Y/N was special for him. He felt there is something more between them.

But he managed well to stifle his thoughts not to make her notice.

The shoot went as they anticipated.

"Do you guys wanna grab a coffee? It's on me!"
Jiya offered, turning to others who were wrapping up.

"Yup!!"

Jiya came back with 6 cups of coffee in a holder after few minutes and they sat around the table next to them.

"I didn't think Chanyeol would show up today." Hobie said raising his cup towards Chanyeol, who was leaning his back on chair, after sipping from it.

"One of my meetings got canceled and I didn't have any other plan." He said grinning.

"Oh! But we thought you came because of Y/N." Jiya tried to tease them.

Namjoon, who was scrolling through his phone, looked at them as he got interested in their talk suddenly.

"Yeah!! That too. I wanted to know how my junior turned out. "
he said while patting on Y/N's head.

Namjoon looked away from them as he felt Jungkook's gaze on him.

"Are you guys dating?" Jungkook asked impatiently for which he earned a kick from his Hyung.

Before replying to it Y/N chuckled as she heard something funny. But chanyeol was blushing,  which he hid well.

"We are more like a family. Right?" Y/N tuned at Chanyeol waiting for him to agree.

He nodded in agreement after looking at her for a moment. He felt like he was betraying himself, which he hated, but did it anyway.

He was so concerned about the future of their relationship, when and if he confesses about his feelings towards her. He can't afford to lose her as she is just not a crush for him.

Namjoon got a glimpse of Chanyeol's feelings, from the way he looked at her.

"These two were always the hot topic of our college. Isn't it?" Jiya asked turning towards Hobi.

"Yeah! I knew about them even before I met her."

"Ya!!........Oh!! it's 6 already? "Y/N said as she stood up and started to take her bag.

" Are you going somewhere?" Hobi asked raising his head.

"Yup. To the library."

"Starfield?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay, bye!"

"Oh!! Starfield? What a coincidence Hyung just said he wants to go there!!" Jungkook said with one hand pushing the back of Namjoon's shoulder to go with Y/N.

Namjoon looked at him confused for which he gave him a 'JUST GO WITH HER!!' face.

"Oh. Yeah. I'm going there too...ahh...If you want we can go together."

"Oh, that's great. Let's go together then." Y/ N smiled at him hiding her excitement.

Chanyeol, who was about to offer Y/N a ride leaned back to his chair grabbing his coffee from the table, with a scrunched face.

                      ************

"So you come here often?" Namjoon asked turning towards Y/N, standing on the step in front of her with one hand resting on the handle.

"Ya. Sometimes for books and sometimes just to wander around here." She said smiling." What about you?"

"Yup. I like this place too."

They walked towards the right-wing of the first floor.

"So which is your favorite genre?" Y/N asked running her fingers through the books on the shelf in front of her.

"I'm into mystery and philosophical fiction. "

They both sat down on the bench with their books.

"So you graduated from SNU?"

"Yeah! Me, Hobi, Jiya, Chanyeol and almost everyone from ICON is from SNU."

"You didn't know any of them before?"

"I knew no one other than Chanyeol in Korea. Chanyeol helped me get here. I knew him since high school. My mom worked for his dad's company in the UK."

"Okay. And sorry about Jungkook earlier. He is a bit ignorant sometimes."

"No problem. I'm used to it now.  I kind of hated it when I was in college but now it doesn't really bother me."

"Why? You don't like him?" He continued even though he felt like he was digging up too much.

"Ah! I don't know... It's not because I don't like him...but I was fed up with the bullies that came along with it.....hmm...." She softly chuckled".... To be honest I kinda liked him back then. but he is way out of my league."

"I don't think so."  Namjoon felt heaviness in his chest.

" What??"

"What if he likes you?"

"What?" She started to laugh covering her mouth "No way..." She stopped laughing, seeing the change in Namjoon's face. " even if he does, I'm not the same college girl anymore." She said looking straight into his eyes.

Namjoon was relieved and happy somehow. He turned his head away from her not able to hide his blushing this time.

                    ************

Jungkook walked scrolling his phone on his way back.

*beep*

Ya

Don't you wanna know what a death card means?