Chapter 21

Lilith pov

It had been a good idea to retreat to Merlin's room after all. Lilith smirked to herself when she accidentally saw Merlin and Arthur kiss through the crack of the door. She gently closed it so they wouldn't notice her and let out a soft squeak out of joy.

It was fun to see two people slowly falling in love, but it was an entirely different thing to see them finally give in and admit their feelings. One down, two to go. Lilith had been reading a book about two brothers who hunt all sorts of mythical creatures for a living and die a considerable amount of times. Eventually there's a new character introduced - an Angel - and for some reason, the older brother has a lot of chemestry with him. 

It was really quite enjoyable to read, Lilith spent most of her time reading in general and this book series had fifteen parts! She was currently in the fifth one and it just kept getting better and worse at the same time. After spending half an hour reading since Merlin and Arthur's return, she'd decided to go upstairs to let them talk.

Turns out, that was one of the best decisions she'd ever made in her life. smiling, Lilith turned on her heel, climbed ontop of the long, thin table to look out of the window, seeing the forest stretch out over the Camelot lands. She could have enjoyed the pretty view if it weren't for the fact that it was a bit distracting that Camelot was currently under the control of a king who'd left his sanity at home.

It was also not very comforting that her family was out there, trying to get the throne back and Cenred was here too... Hate boiled through her insides, like a roaring fire. It was because of him that she was an orphan. If it hadn't been for his men to attack her camp without reason, she might still have had a family. A brother... 

Cenred had to pay for what he did, there wasn't a better time to do this than right now when he was literally on the other side of the castle. She'd come back with a new supply of water she had been sent out to get by her mother. It had been for dinner, but by the time she got back everyone was already dead.

~o~

Warning: Contains numerous deaths, you can read over it.

4 years ago

Lilith dragged her feet over the soft ground of the forest, strolling as careful as possible not to spill any of the water she needed to boil tonight. The camp was going to move soon now that winter was getting close. They would have to find somewhere they could stay dry, like a cave. Maybe the one they'd used last year was still empty right now.

Yeona, Lilith's mother had given her a dagger with their camp symbol handcarved into it, saying that it wasn't lethal anymore since it hadn't been sharpened in a long time, but it wasn't bad, because they didn't need to fight anyone. This was a family heirloom, made by her great grandmother and it was her husband who had carved in the symbol, along with some runes that protected the blade from being destroyed.

Her little brother Calix had turned seven just two days ago, he'd already mastered the conjuring of a pure white Lily flower from the book Lilith had given him, saying that it represented her because it matched her hair colour. He was so sweet. The silver-white hair was from her mother, but yeona had much shorter hair than she did and unlike Lilith, it was wavy.

Lilith's birthday wasn't until next month, but she would turn eleven then and they would let her help with the hunting, she'd certainly had enough practice now. At least, the teacher Hale thought so, he was getting old and had been very pleased that Lilith had been such a natural. He'd told her she would make a good teacher for future camp members. 

That was something her mother wouldn't shut up about, everyone in the camp knew her child was the best hunter in the group. Emery, her best friend always told her that when they were an adult, Lilith would do the hunting and she would protect the camp from evil with her self made spear. Lilith thought her friend was a bit too eager to kill people, but she appreaciated her enthusiasm.