Chapter 7

Morgana pov.

Morgana had been going about her day, she'd decided to paint something. The courtyard from her window. It was almost done now, two hours of work. She was currently working on a tiny detail of the flowers around the fountain. 

It was precise work, so she squinted her eyes in concentration to get the shadow in the tiny petals right. 

"Impressive." A voice stated behind her. Morgana looked up from her work and noticed Gwen standing next to her. "Thank you, I felt like I needed to do something creative with my day, I have nothing on schedule."

Gwen was admiring her work. Morgana smirked. "I'm not that good." She stated with a confused smile plastered on her face. Gwen nodded absentmindedly before blinking a few times and looking at her again. 

"Sorry, what? No, you're good, it's just... I don't know, like the mood changed right here, and there," She pointed at several places. Morgana cocked her head sideways. She was right... "That's pretty neatly done." Gwen told her, smiling impressed. "I didn't-" Morgana began, but she trailed off.

When she started, she'd painted it with light and nice colours, it matched her mood, but somewhere halfway through, the colours changed into something else. Restless- unpredictable. She had been starting to feel a bit weird then. 

She still felt it. It was like her blood had suddenly run cold... 

"Oh my god." "What is it?" "I've been having some sort of restless feeling out of nowhere, I never felt like that before." Guinevere thought for a bit. "Maybe it's more than that." She suggested, a hand covering her mouth, concentrating as if she was trying to remember something. 

"Do you think it's my magic?" Morgana asked with a hint of panic but also curiosity in her voice, looking up at Gwen concerned. 

"Maybe that would be a good idea, you don't know much about magic, it's always smart to know for sure." Gwen agreed. She put down the cloth with wich she had cleaned the table and opened the door for Morgana to go through. 

"Where do we go with this? It's not like we can just go to the library. And the druids are too far away to visit right now."  

"No. We go to Gaius of course. He has the books."

"Aren't those illegal?"

"Isn't Merlin too? Gaius is smart, you know."

"Okay, makes sense."

Morgana watched as Guinevere stopped a servant who came from the kitchens and seemed to be done with work. She was very pretty and had joyful chocolate brown eyes. Her light brown hair was held together in a low braided bun. The girl smiled in recognition and nodded to what Gwen said to her. Morgana placed her hands in her side and clicked her tongue impatiently. 

They shared a few words and the girl seemed to get it, because she nodded once again. Gwen smiled, thanked her and turned on her heels to Morgana as the servant girl hurried away.

She just looked at her. "What did you talk about?"

"I told her to get Lilith."

This made her stop. She blinked at her friend in confusion. "Why? Does she know about my magic?"

"yes. She's a druid, so maybe she can help." Morgana didn't comment. Another sorcerer. Here. In Camelot. Wow- I really need to pay more attention. 

They continued to walk in silence.

~o~ 

"Wait, what?" Gaius had just explained Merlin's role to them. It had something to do with destiny. She was a part of it too. Something about her unique magic or something, she hadn't really been listening after what he told her about Merlin. It was a lot - like really a lot to take in. 

Morgana gaped at Gaius. "I don't know what your destiny is, the great dragon- Kilgharrah, he doesn't share if it's not absolutely necessary."

"No, no, no, the other part. Emrys? That's what they call Merlin?" She knew it from somewhere. Emrys, Emrys, Emrysssss...

At that moment, Lilith walked in and smiled by the mention of his name. Druids... Right, Mordred! He mentioned him to me. 

"Isn't he the most powerful sorcerer to ever walk the earth?" She asked. Gaius nodded. This was getting more confusing by the second. 

"Merlin? Is Emrys?"

Once again, Gaius nodded, more slowly this time, but he was very patient. Lilith went to stand next to him, giving Morgana an expecting smile. She rolled her eyes at the girls knowing expression, but couldn't help but smile.

"He is not only a warlock and wields magic, he is a part of it." Gaius stated calmly. Morgana, at this point was convinced that she was having a stroke. 

"Are- You mean to tell me that Merlin is magic in general?"

"He is." This time, it didn't come from Gaius, but Lilith. Everyone turned to look at her. 

"What? Every druid knows this." She said like it was a casual dinner conversation. No one moved. "That's not why I was called here, was it? By the way, Morgana, did you feel that magic tug somewhere around late noon? I've been wondering where it came from." 

Morgana nodded, still a bit taken aback by her. "Yes, that's why I came here. So it is magic?" Lilith smiled, but it quickly changed into a thoughtful expression. "It wasn't something good. Something happened to it here..."

Everyone was silent for a few seconds. Why would that have happened? Then, Morgana's eyes widened. She turned to Lilith and was met with a similar expression. 

"Merlin." The druid girl uttered almost too soft for anyone to hear, but Morgana did.

She nodded and they both turned to find Gaius and Gwen with a confused expression. She made a frustrated noise and grabbed Gwen by her arm. She yelped, but let Morgana drag her out of the room leaving Lilith to say a quick thank you to Gaius

"What do you mean?" She demanded. Lilith had both her hands on her back and was impatiently rocking on her feet, shooting them urgent looks every few seconds.

"Since we're connected to magic and Merlin is magic," She paused, still not really grasping the fact that this was true. "something could have happened to him." She quickly added, shaking the tought away.

Gwen gasped softly. "Oh god. But we saw him this morning. He went to the forest, right?" She brushed a lock of hair from her face, frowning in concern. Morgana smiled at her. She was adorable when she did that. 

She suddenly had the urge to take Gwen's face in her hands.

She realised what she'd been thinking and her eyes widened. When did that happen? She cleared her throat to get the uncomfortableness out and smiled nervously at Gwen when she looked up in confusion. 

"I'm going to ask Arthur if he knows where Merlin is, maybe there's a chance that there's nothing wrong. I have to do something." She stated before leaving Morgana in the corridor next to the psysisian's chambers. When she turned to go back inside, she caught Lilith's eyes. She was studying her with an amused smile on her face.

"What?" She asked, tilting her head and narrowing her eyes at her. Lilith didn't stop smiling. "Nothing. You just realized something, didn't you?"

Morgana coughed and spluttered, but eventually closed her mouth resolute, sending the girl a look. Lilith just gave her a crooked smile and patted her on the shoulder before also taking off. 

Morgana clicked her tongue and glared at the ceiling. Was it that obvious? She huffed and went back into Gaius's chambers.

~o~

A/N ~ Hi humans, I know this chapter isn't that long, I'll try to make them longer than this, I just couldn't find anything to stretch this chapter more. 

~ Fia