Chapter 10: The Prey

The Sun disappears into the night, the moon is full and stars are shimmering. Erik arrives at Esme's home, he gets out the car and opens the door for Esme, the two walk up to Esme's front door, "I had fun today" Esme says as she smiles at Erik, "I did too" Erik replies, "Thank you for the necklace, i love it" Esme says, "Of course, it looks beautiful on you" Erik says. The two smile and look at each other for a second, then Esme decides it's time to end the night, "I'm gonna..go inside" Esme says, "Yea ok, goodnight" Erik says, "Night Erik, drive safe, I'll see you at school" Esme says as she opens the door, "I will" Erik says as Esme shuts the door. Erik walks back into his car and makes his way home.
Lyle has finished his meal, Sarah is laying in bed unconscious, The sheets are covered in blood and so is Sarah's neck. Lyle had got in and took a shower, he dresses himself in clean clothes as he gets ready to go into the main house, Lyle thinks about if he should leave Sarah here alone or sent her away. He decides to wait until she wakes up, he goes downstairs and into the kitchen to grab a drink. As Lyle is drinking, he hears a noise, Sarah has woken up, he speeds up the stairs and into his bedroom, Sarah wakes up all woozy, she opens her eyes wide and then she see's Lyle, she gets scared of him, "What did you do to me" she says as she touches her neck and sees blood, "Relax" Lyle says, Sarah is completely shocked and terrified, Lyle slowly approaches Sarah, she attempts to move to the other side of the bed and make's a run out the door, Lyle immediately speeds as he blocks the door, "Get away from me" Sarah says as she starts walking back, Lyle starts to get more closer as she continues moving back, "Get away" she says as she grabs a pillow and try's to smack Lyle in the face, Lyle immediately stops her and takes the pillow and throws it on the bed, "I wouldn't do that if I were you" he says. Sarah continues to walk back but eventually her back is against the wall, "Please don't hurt me" she says as she starts to sob, Lyle looks at Sarah, "I'm not gonna hurt you...look at me" he says, Sarah looks up at Lyle, Lyle stares deeply into her eyes and compels her, "I want you to sit on that bed and shut up" he says, Sarah does what she is demanded. Lyle goes into the bathroom and grabs a first aid kit, he looks to see for some pads and rubbing alcohol, he gets the stuff and goes over to Sarah, he opens the rubbing alcohol and takes a cotton ball and cleans Sarah's bite mark, he then puts a pad on so it covers the bite mark. Sarah is sobbing, Lyle starts to get irritated, "Look at me" he says as Sarah looks up, "Stop crying and get up" he says, Sarah wipes her tears away and gets up from the bed, "Follow me" he says, as Lyle goes downstairs, he then opens the front door and walks to the gate, he opens the gate door as he lets Sarah through, "I called a cab, they'll take you home" he says. Lyle reaches into his pocket and takes a couple of bucks out and gives it to Sarah, "Here" he says, Sarah grabs the cash from Lyle, "I want you to forget what happened, forget that you saw me tonight, you will not show anyone your bite mark, even if they ask, keep it covered" he says as he compels Sarah, He then walks away without saying a word. Lyle locks the gate door and starts walking to the main house to meet his dad.
Erik arrives home just in time, he parks his car and makes his way inside. Erik comes inside, Jose is walking down the stairs "Where's Lyle" Jose says, "I don't know I thought he'd be here" Erik says, Lyle comes in through the den, "I'm right here" he says, "Can we just get over this fucking talk..I'd love to go to sleep" Lyle says, Jose gives Lyle the eye, "Follow me" he says, as the three head into the den, Jose then closes the doors from the hall and the door that is near the kitchen, Erik and Lyle sit down on the couch, "What is this even about" Erik says, "I have a coworker coming over to stay for a week, him and his wife, as well as his daughter" Jose says, "I don't know when they'll be arriving but their coming tonight..so that means that whatever Vampire stuff you do normally, you need to do it out of this house, they can not know" Jose says, "Wait then..why didn't you want mom to hear, does she know" Erik says, "Your mother..you know how she is, suicidal and depressed, but that's not the reason for this talk, I want you two to kill someone for me" Jose says, Erik and Lyle look at each other concerned, "Who do you want us to kill" Lyle says, "Jack Berman" Jose says, "Your boss" Erik says shockingly, "Yes.. now I know it sounds crazy because he's my boss but, I can't stand that motherfucker, and I'm the CFO of Live Entertainment but.. I just can't deal with him, I want to be CEO" Jose says, "Sooo you want us to kill Jack so you can become CEO" Lyle says, "Yes" Jose says, Erik and Lyle look at each other as if their father is crazy, "So will you do it or not" Jose says, "Yes" Erik says, but Lyle stops him, "Wait...what's in it for us" he says, Jose tries to think of something, "I'll uh.. well what do you want" Jose says, Lyle thinks of something, "I want a car" he says, Jose looks at Lyle if he's crazy, "What are you crazy, you think I'm shitting money" he says, "Fine then we won't do it" Lyle says as he gets up to leave, Jose try's to think of something "Fine" he says, Lyle stops for a bit, "I'll get you a car" Jose says, Lyle turns around and smiles, "When do you want it done" he says, "Thursday" Jose says.
Erik looks at Lyle inconceivable, Jose hears the sound of a car coming in, "Their here" he says as he leaves the den and goes outside. Erik gets up from the couch and walks to Lyle, "Lyle" he says, Lyle turns around "What" he says, "Are you really gonna kill Jack because dad wants to become CEO.. your crazy" Erik says "If dad says to kill him, I'll kill him.. besides it's not like you even care about who dies" Lyle says, "You know damm well, the company will find out what happened and it will be you and dads fault" Erik says, "Oh please Erik, stop acting like you care about everyone in this town.. you are just as pathetic and stupid like everyone else, you don't care about these people, just like you don't care about those you kill" Lyle says as he walks away back to his guest house. Erik can't believe it, this situation is unthinkable. Jose comes in along with his coworker John Green and his family, Erik comes out in the hall, "John this is my son Erik, Erik this is John Green" Jose says, "Nice to meet you son" John says, "Nice to meet you Mr. Green" Erik says, "Oh please call me John" he says, Erik also greets Johns wife, "Hi I'm Rose" she says "Nice to meet you Rose, I'm Erik" Erik says, "The pleasures mine" Rose says, "Hey hun where's Amelia" Rose says, "I thought she was behind you" John says, "I'm here" Amelia says coming in the door with her suitcase, "Hi I'm Amelia" she says as she takes her hand out, Erik looks at Amelia and says, "Hi I'm Erik" as he shakes her hand.

Amelia stares and smiles at Erik, Erik starts to get uncomfortable, "Let me show you to your room" Jose says as he takes the family to their room, Amelia gets her suitcase "Here allow me" Erik says as he grabs her suitcase, "Thank you Erik" she says

Amelia stares and smiles at Erik, Erik starts to get uncomfortable, "Let me show you to your room" Jose says as he takes the family to their room, Amelia gets her suitcase "Here allow me" Erik says as he grabs her suitcase, "Thank you Erik" she says. The Green family stay in a two bedroom at the Menendez home. The entire house settles for the night.
Esme has gotten out the shower, she gets dressed in her night clothes and gets ready for bed, she takes her necklace that Erik got her and puts it on her mirror hanging, she admires her necklace as she is in love with it. She then settles in for the night.
The Weekend is over, it is now Monday! Esme gets up and gets ready for school, she grabs her stuff and leaves her room, "Steven let's go" she says, Steven gets out his room "I'm coming" he says as they both walk down the stairs and go see their mother, "Bye mom were leaving, love you" Esme says as she hugs and kisses her mom, "Bye honey have a good day" Rebecca says as she says goodbye to Esme and Steven. They both head to Esme's car and drive to school, "Hey can we get something to eat" Steven says, "Yea sure, I was planning onto anyways" Esme says. The two go and buy some breakfast and then make their way to school.
Erik gets up and dresses for school, he grabs his stuff, before he heads downstairs he goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth, he opens the door and inside is Amelia "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" Erik says as he freaks out and shuts the door immediately, Erik feels embarrassed, Amelia was in her towel brushing her teeth, Erik decides to go downstairs and use the guest bathroom. When he finishes, he goes to the breakfast table to say goodbye and grabs a pancake, "Bye I'll see you when I'm back" he says as Jose is dining with Kitty and Mr and Mrs. Green. Erik walks to the door and as he is in the hall, Amelia comes down, they meet together "Hey I'm really sorry about that" Erik says as he apologizes for walking in, "No it's okay it's my fault, I've should of locked the door" she says, Erik gives a little nervous smirk, "Um I gotta get to school, see you later" he says as he walks out, "Ok bye" Amelia says. Erik walks into his car and makes his way to school.
Esme and Steven arrive at school, "See you when we get out" Steven says as he goes to find Hope, "Yup" Esme says as she goes and finds her friends.
Erik finally arrives at school, he gets out his car and makes his way inside, he then sees two freshmen girls approaching him, "Hi Erik" one of the girls say, "Hi do I know you.." he says, "I'm um..Melissa" she says all nervously, "Uhh ok" Erik says confused, "I just wanted to ask if um..you'd like to go to a movie someday" Melissa says, her friend is behind Erik helping her friend Melissa out, "Look Melissa, I'd love to but no thank you..I'm sorry" Erik says as he walks away, "Oh my gosh what a dick" Melissa's friend says. Esme is inside she heads to her locker to grab her books and puts them in her backpack, Sarah comes up behind Esme, "Hey Esme" Sarah says, "Hi Sarah, what's up with the scarf it's like 89 degrees outside" Esme says, "It's called fashion" Sarah says, Esme laughs, "What" Sarah says, "Nothing, I think you look beautiful" Esme says all cheerfully, "So what you do this weekend" Sarah says, "I hung out with Erik on Saturday and on Sunday I was at home with my mom all day" Esme says, "What about you" she says, "Oh on Saturday me, Kate, Matt, and Daniel went to the beach, then on Sunday I was pretty much home" Sarah says, "Daniel? You hung out with my ex" Esme says, "Well we invited Matt only but he said if he can bring Daniel so why not.." Sarah says, "What's up with you and Erik, you guys just knew each other for like a day and all of a sudden y'all are hanging out" Sarah says, "It's different, he's a really great guy..look what he bought me" Esme says as she shows Sarah her heart necklace, "Wow ok.. yea that's nothing" Sarah says, "I love it a lot, I think he just bought it for someone but then decided to give it to me instead, it's sweet" Esme says, "Yea because he likes you" Sarah says, "What..no he doesn't, were just friends" Esme says, "Sure" Sarah says sarcastically, "You can say whatever you want, I think it's sweet, that's how friends are" Esme says, "Ok miss bossy pants" Sarah says as she and Esme laugh, Sarah puts her arm around Esme as they both walk to their class as the bell rings.
Esme enters first period, she goes to the back to sit in her seat, Erik comes in and sits next to the seat empty besides Esme, Erik sits down as he smiles at Esme, "Hey" he says, "Hey" she replies, Erik stares down at his table "You ok" Esme says, "Yea yea I'm ok" he says, "Alright class please takeout your textbooks" the teacher says, as first period goes on.