Chapter 8: Heart of Darkness

It's the weekend, the sun rises awakening the citizens of California. Erik couldn't sleep all night, he feels guilty for abandoning Esme at the party after what happened, he keeps thinking about the incident that happened. Erik decides to get up and go see Esme, he takes a shower and dresses himself. Lyle is in the guest house, where he is staying, he gets up and dresses himself, he then proceeds to enter the main house. Breakfast is being served, Kitty and Jose are at the breakfast table, Erik comes in "Morning" he says awkwardly, Lyle comes in as well, he just looks at everyone and greets with his eyes. Everyone sits and eats their breakfast quiet and awkwardly.
Esme wakes up, she's hungover, her head hurts. She gets up and takes a shower. Esme dresses herself and goes downstairs, Rebecca is in the kitchen making breakfast, "Morning mother" says Esme entering, "Hi sweetie, how are you feeling" Rebecca says, "I um..I'm ok" says Esme. Esme drinks, but her mother doesn't know and she hopes that she never finds out. Esme sits down at the table, Rebecca brings her a plate, Rebecca sits along too, she brings a newspaper to read that indicates "8th Animal Attack"

"Oh my god" she says, Esme over looks the newspaper, "What is it" she says, "They found another body" Rebecca says, "Oh my god" Esme says, "Esme you have to promise me, that you stay away from an animal that looks dangerous" Rebecca says, "Don't w...

"Oh my god" she says, Esme over looks the newspaper, "What is it" she says, "They found another body" Rebecca says, "Oh my god" Esme says, "Esme you have to promise me, that you stay away from an animal that looks dangerous" Rebecca says, "Don't worry mom, I will" Esme says. The two enjoy breakfast as they talk.
Erik finishes his breakfast, "Honey wash everyone's dish" Jose says, Kitty gets irritated but does what she is told to do, Erik and Lyle both get up at the same time, but before they could leave, Jose stops them, "Wait" he says, Erik and Lyle turn around, "I want you both home before 10, I want to talk to you both but without your mother knowing" Jose says, the brothers look at each other confused, "You May go now" Jose says, Erik and Lyle leave. Erik goes up to his room to do some things before he meets Esme, Lyle on the other hand gets into his car and drives away.
Esme finishes breakfast, she goes upstairs to her room but in the hall she meets Steven, "Hey Steven" Esme says, "Hey Esme" Steven says all tired, "How's Hope" she says, "She's doing well, she gets out tomorrow" Steven says, "That's good" Esme says, "Yea" Steven says as he goes downstairs for breakfast. Esme enters her room and sits on her chair near her window, she sits and wonders about last night as she hardly remembers, why hasn't Erik decide to check up on her! Is Erik ok after what happened between him and Tyler? Esme really wants to talk to him! Erik gets ready to leave, he makes his way downstairs. Erik meets his mother downstairs in the hall, "Where are you going" Kitty says angrily, "I'm just going out" Erik says calmly not knowing why his mother is mad, "Go? To go kill more innocent people" she says, Erik is confused, "No absolutely not" Erik says, "Yea right!" She says, "What's your problem" Erik says, "You don't think your father and I get tired of this.. of all this, you and Lyle have done nothing but cause this family to break apart over and over again" Kitty says, Erik looks at her like she's crazy, she probably slipped in a few alcohol on those eggs he thinks! "You think I chose to become this, to become this monster I didn't even know I had in me, you can think all you want mom, I'm still wondering why you haven't exposed us yet" Erik says as he walks out, Kitty looks distressed what did she think would happen! Erik gets into his car and drives to Esme's house. Lyle drives down to Santa Monica, he decides to walk around the beach stores shopping for luxurious clothing and jewelry for himself. Esme is in her room bored, she wants to talk to Erik but is to afraid to go to his house, instead she decides to hangout with her two friends, she gets all ready and makes her way out, she goes downstairs and opens the door, outside is Erik who was about to knock, "Hi Erik" says Esme happy, "Hey Esme how are you" he says, "I'm fine.. how about you" Esme says, "I'm good" Erik says, Esme smiles, "Look I've been meaning to talk to you about yesterday about Lyle, I should of told you.." Erik says but is stopped by Esme, "Look Erik it's ok, were not there yet, you know that part where we talk about our families" Esme says, "It's ok really, no need to apologize" Esme says, "Yea I get it, but I feel guilty for how I treated you, I wanna make it up to you please" Erik says, Esme is listening as Erik is talking, "Do you want to go to L.A with me" Erik asks, Esme takes a second to think, then she smiles "Yes" Erik then smiles, "Ok let's go" Erik says as he and Esme get into his car and go to Los Angeles. One hour goes by, Lyle takes his stuff and puts it into his trunk, he then overhears girls laughing, he decides to look over and see who it is, right across the street is Sarah with Kate, Daniel, and Matt. Lyle wants to see Sarah, but he knows he can't let her friends see him, he gets into his car and watches them all. Their all laughing and talking, they are seen getting their stuff as they are heading to the beach, Lyle thinks it's a perfect place to speak with Sarah, he stays in his car a bit and watches them. Erik and Esme arrive at L.A Erik gets out the car and quickly goes to the other side to open the door for Esme, Esme gets out and Erik and her walk inside the Hollywood and Highland Shopping Center.