''I'll Say it First''

Confessions are awkward <3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n POV

March 5

Tsukishima and I sit on a park bench. We would go on the swings but a bunch of little kids are there.

"I lied when I said I don't feel romantic feelings toward you. I-I do." I state. Straightening my back and looking Tsukishima in the eyes. 

"I think I liked you since I met you. But I think that sounds kinda silly cause we've never spoken before that." Tsukishima says shyly, his hands gathered at his front playing with one another.

"No! No! That's not silly at all." I say in a panicked voice.

March, the first week of March. it's  the spring time. Soon the flowers will bloom and the sun will stay up for longer. It's time for change.

Screw this whole 'I don't want us to break up because statistically first relationships end' I like Tsukishima so much. I'm willing to take that risk. I'll take any risk if he can be my first love.

"Hmm... I might have too. If I did it, took me longer to realize." I sigh, a little embarrassed. "I'll say 'it' first. This time, if that's okay?" My hands shake around the sleeves of my windbreaker. The left over winter breeze still around us.

"Yeah. Go on." Tsukishima says and I nod, clearing my throat.

"I'll say it first then. You're wrong about me being right all the time Tsukishima. I thought I could repress my feelings for you. Mom always told me firsts don't last and I didn't want you to be my first boyfriend because I wanted us to last. You're too special. You're too special to me. But, I like you so much that I can take any risk with you." I confess nervously as Tsukishima's face grows red.

"If the offer still stands. I-I'd really like it if you were my boyfriend and if I would be your g-girlfriend." I say looking at his eyes. Eyes that are so pretty I don't know how they are real. "Only if you want to of course!"

Tsukishima looks at me softly. A smile dancing at his lips and he nods.

"I'd like that." He says and I feel my body heat up as I smile. And then the awkward settles it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

March 5

What are two people supposed to do after confessing to one another?

Y/n and I just look at each other with awkward, pressing our lips into thin lipped smiles. I pretend to sneeze to fill the silence.

"Bless you." She says quietly.

"Thanks." I say and we both keep our hands in our laps before Y/n clears her throat.

"Can I kiss you?" She asks nervously. My ears turn pink as I choke on some air.

"I-If you want to." I say and Y/n nods. 

"Okay." She says before looking away from me. She turns back and leans over to my face. Her breath waving gently at my chin, her eyes locked on mine.

While I lean back into her she shifts over and places a gentle kiss on my cheek instead. Her lips soft and delicate. I can feel her smiling against me. Her lips linger on my cheek for a bit before she pulls back and sits back down on the bench. Her eyes wide and shock with herself.

I thought she would kiss me kiss me. But that felt nice. I liked that.

"Do you wanna go get some food?" I ask and Y/n turns to me with a relieved smile.

"Yeah lets go." She says. I get off the bench and interlock her fingers with mine.

Y/n Sugawara. My girlfriend.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written August 8, 2021

Released August 16, 2021