20 ⋇ nymphai

Nymphai

Mythological nature spirits who appear as beautiful young women. Personifications of nature, typically tied to a specific place or landform.

They are often divided into various broad subgroups, such as the Meliae (ash tree nymphs), the Naiads (freshwater nymphs), the Nereids (sea nymphs), and the Oreads (mountain nymphs).

⋇⋇⋇

Luke slowly opened his eyes.

It was bright, too bright so he lifted his arm to protect his eyes from the sun.

He wanted to move but couldn't. Nothing hurt but his body was stiff.

Slowly he lifted himself up.

"Luke?"

Luke turned his head towards the voice. It was Calum.

He smiled. Of course, he was sad he didn't save Calum, he couldn't even save himself but at least they'd be united in the Elysium.

"I'm sorry Calum," Luke said as he hugged his friend.

"Luke?" Calum moved and placed his palm on Luke's forehead. "Are you okay?"

Luke looked around. "Yes, I think I'll be alright."

Calum stared at him for a moment before he started laughing hysterically.

"What?" Luke asked.

Calum lightly slapped the back of his head. "You're alive, you fool."

Luke blinked and looked around, "But this..."

"This is the forest we wanted to go to. To the golden fleece, to the nymphs."

"Calum? Where are you?"

Luke recognized Ashton's voice.

"Right here, he's awake."

Ashton appeared immediately. He smiled widely when he looked at Luke and hugged him.

"Thank all gods, your mother would skin me alive if you wouldn't wake up."

"What are we doing here?" Luke asked. He frowned and looked at Calum. "How did you get here? How's your arm?" He looked at Ashton. "What happened to me? Where's Michael?"

The two boys looked at each other.

"One thing at the time," Calum said. "First, we need to clean you up and make you eat."

The son of Athena didn't want to do either of those things but he was hungry and he did smell.

The forest was beautiful and as Luke cleaned himself in the water spring, Ashton brought him food and Calum helped him get dressed.

"Let's go on a walk," Calum suggested but Luke pulled him back. "No. Stop changing the subject. Talk."

Luke was upset. He knew something must have happened. The last time he was turning into stone and the love of his life told him he loved him.