19 ⋇ moirai

Moirai

Goddesses of faith, the incarnations of destiny.

⋇⋇⋇

"Can you hear it?" Luke asked.

Hear what? Michael turned towards him.

"Snakes," Luke opened his eyes. "We're at the right place, whatever awaits, it's here."

He took a deep breath in and said what he wanted to say. "You can go, you can help Ashton, tell Calum I'm s-"

Before he could say more, Michael kissed him.

Shut up.

Luke smiled.

Let's go.

Michael tugged his sleeve and they continued to the last circle.

The closer they got to the middle, the more light came through in the hallways. Michael leaned the torch against the stone wall, in case they would need it when leaving.

Now that his hand was free, he grabbed Luke's, and together they walked into the main room of the temple.

The light was coming through many of the ceiling windows.

"To let in the moonlight," Luke guessed out loud.

They were prepared for the worst, for an army, for a layer of snakes. But the room was empty.

The podium in the middle of the stone room was empty. Where there was usually a sculpture of the goddess or god, there was an empty throne.

You were right. Michael squeezed his hand. Selene isn't here.

"No, she's not."

Luke looked around, holding onto his weapon tightly.

Can you still hear the snakes?

Luke nodded. "It's getting louder."

Luke.

Michael's panicked voice rang through his mind.

Don't move.

Luke nodded. He felt it too. There was someone in the room with them.

"Finally," The voice of a woman rang through the room. Something grabbed Luke's weapon and Luke heard it break in half. "You have no idea, how long I waited for this moment, Luke, the son of Athena."

There was a hiss to her voice.

Michael held his hand without the intention of letting go.

Whatever you do. Do not turn around.

Luke knew why. He wondered but wasn't sure. She was on the list of her mother's enemies. But she was dead. Dead because of his mother.

Medusa.

Luke read about it. He knew monsters could come back to life.