5 ⋇ hestia

Hestia

The goddess of the hearth and its fires.

⋇⋇⋇

Luke came to the conclusion that Jack was either a liar or just a bad judge of character.

Even if Michael had an interest in his gender that didn't just automatically apply to Luke and mean he had an interest in him.

On their last day of travel to Delphi Michael only looked at Luke once, therefore, Jack's theory was burned and buried. And Luke had other things to think about.

The group of demigods and one unknown was escorted to Delphi to prevent any more incidents. It didn't help, Ashton told Luke, traveling with more strangers they couldn't trust but the blue-eyed boy didn't think they would be hurt in a group.

While Calum was doing well, Luke wasn't.

He was the one who'd have to step into the oracle, he was the one who'll learn their fate.

The son of Athena was torn if he should reveal whatever he'll learn to his three friends or should he keep it to himself. Would he even understand what he'd be told?

Luke heard of people hearing prophecies and not knowing what to do with them, he read about people wanting to hear from oracle but getting no prophecies at all.

Taking on the role of the leader was the one thing he did right ever since the accident and if he fails he didn't know what to do.

Do they go home? Do they try to find the best healers, give and talk to the gods, ask for his life to be spared?

And even if Calum would be okay. Who did this? Was this a joke or does someone have an eye out for Luke or demigods?

The son of Athena knew he had more questions than he'll ever get answered at the oracle.

It was then when Michael looked at him, not only that he came up to Luke and gently grabbed his arm to save him from his thoughts.

He offered him some sweet dates and smiled at him.

But he offered them to Calum, Ashton, and all of the soldiers that were escorting them.

"Have you ever been to Delphi?" Luke asked Calum who shook his head.

"I always wanted to after we'd be done with school."

"Do you know what you'll do when we are?"

Luke often asked that because he didn't know what he'll do himself.

"Music," Calum smiled. "Luckily dad is good at so many amazing things and while I might not know much about archery and healing, I can sing."

"That sounds nice," He agreed. "What about Michael?"

"Oh," Calum seemed surprised but not suspicious about Luke's inquiry. "You should ask him yourself but when he was eight he wanted to work with dogs when he was thirteen he wanted to be a hero. Not sure what he's up to now."

"He is good with animals," Luke smiled.

However, Calum didn't give away any hints about Michael's origins. If he was a demigod, who were his parents? He doubted it was Ares but that could explain the competitiveness between him and Ashton. Dogs? His guess would be Artemis but she didn't have children. And he looks nothing like her brother Apollo but that could explain his bond with Calum.

It was late when they arrived but they refused to eat or rest.

As soon as Calum's wound was cleaned the four entered the famous Temple of Apollo.

Luke read about the place, he'd seen the pictures but to see it in person was another thing.

It was located in the heart of the city but still surrounded by nature and woods. Nothing like Athens and his mother's temple that was enclosed with stones and power.

They entered the temple together, only then Luke realized it would be respectful to clean up. He hoped Apollo wouldn't mind as they were trying to save his son's life.

There were men and women at the temple, waiting and looking at them.

At the center of the temple was a throne-like seat. On the seat was a woman. Before her, there were dozens of people waiting in line.

"That's Pythia," Ashton whispered. "The high priestess of the Oracle of Delphi."

Luke knew.

They wanted to join the line but the three of his friends were denied.

"Today is not your day," A woman told Michael who nodded.

"We'll be here," Calum promised as the three joined the others who were praying to Apollo.

There were thirty-one people in line before him. Luke was afraid the ones in the line behind him could hear the prophecy but the closer he got to Pythia he realized he couldn't hear what was asked. Some people begged some cried after hearing on not hearing her words. One had to be escorted out.

The closer Luke got to her the worse the smell got. It smelled like a dead animal, Luke knew the story, Apollo had slain a snake. There were blood and decomposing offerings to Apollo. Luke had nothing to give, or at least that was what he wanted.

"I was waiting for you, son of Athena." The woman smiled at him. "Come closer. Closer."

Luke was standing less than an arm's length away when he heard it. Her voice depend. It was like five not one person was talking to him. all voices repeating the same thing. Every word getting engraved into his brain.

To heal the poisoned you must find the gold.

But more than one could be in the death's hold.

They will be saved with love untold.

But many hearts could be left cold.

Luke thought that was it but before he could move the oracle spoke again.

You're on your journey together but at least one will leave soon.

You will get more answers if you'll follow the moon.

Be aware of the creatures who like to be outside at noon.

You'll know who to trust when you'll see the rune.

⋇⋇⋇

thooooughts?

the prophecy? if you have any clues you can write them down in the lines of the prophecies.

luke asking about michael?

are you enjoying this book at least a lit bit?

stay safe and stay healthy!

Love, Lucija ♡