8 ⋇ morpheus

Morpheus

the god of sleep and dreams.

⋇⋇⋇

Luke hated feeling helpless.

In the last couple of days of their mission to find the golden fleece the son of Athena felt like he was the injured one, not Calum.

All eyes were on him, the demi-gods and Michael were constantly asking him if he was okay and the truth was, he wasn't.

He didn't know why or when his irrational fear of snakes came but Luke couldn't even look at the drawing of the animal without feeling fear.

Luke was a rational boy, he had wisdom running through his veins. But nothing worked. When he closed his eyes all he could see were the glowing eyes of the reptile, ready to attack.

Sleep was just a memory, all he did was nap for a few minutes at a time before his mind took over.

For the first time in his life, he thought more about Morpheus, the god of dreams than he did about his mother. Begging him to grant him one sleepless night.

Luke was sitting by the fire that night, Ashton and Calum already deep asleep nearby, Michael nowhere to be seen.

Now, when he no longer saw the silent boy as a threat, Luke didn't pay much attention to his movement.

He tried his hardest to not fall asleep but he dozed off.

The knowing images started flashing through his mind and he was quickly brought back.

Luke realized Michael was standing being him and had his hand on his shoulder.

The boy offered him a green plant with white flowers. The blue-eyed boy smelled it and observed it in the firelight. It was valerian.

Michael showed him the root of the plant which he cut with his knife and mixed into the water before placing it over the fire. Luke observed his every move.

When a few minutes later Michael offered him the concoction, he drank it without hesitating.

Luke knew valerian helped with sleep and he was desperate. Still, he didn't trust the herb to bring him dream-less sleep so he didn't lay down

Soon, his eyelids became heavy and he yawned loudly making Michael smile.

Luke leaned his head on Michael's shoulder and before he knew it, he was deeply asleep.

He did dream. But whenever the moment came when on previous nights Luke was attacked by his biggest fear something pulled him back.

When he was about to grab a stick that was usually a stick it turned into a flower.

Luke woke up when it was still dark. His head was lifted and he realized he was laying on Michael's lap.

The boy was awake and just nodded that he was okay with this and let him go back to sleep.