6 ⋇ asclepius

Asclepius

The god of medicine, healing, rejuvenation, and physicians.

⋇⋇⋇

Luke repeated the words for the hundredth time.

This time Michael wrote the prophecy down on a scroll and passed it around.

They were all welcomed in the building of Asclepius, the god of medicine, Apollo's son, and weirdly, Calum's half-brother.

After his wounds were tended to, after they had eaten, they sat down and listened to Luke.

It was the middle of the night but none could sleep, this was what they came here for.

"Let's start from the beginning," Ashton suggested and read the first line of prophecy out loud.

To heal the poisoned, you must find the gold.

"That's me," Calum said, "The poisoned."

"What about the gold?" Ashton looked at Luke. "Which god has the connection to gold?"

"Chrysus," Luke said immediately. This is what he was good at, thinking, knowing things. "He is the son of Zeus, but I don't think he has a temple or a place we could visit."

Calum nodded. "What about Plutus?"

"God of wealth," Luke whispered and thought about it. "He was born in Crete. Do you guys think we have to go on an island?"

He then noticed Michael was shaking his head and writing something down. They all waited for him to turn the paper around.

Fleece.

Luke sighed, "How stupid are we? Well, except you," He smiled at Michael who smiled back. "It makes sense, the golden fleece has healing abilities."

"Where could we find it?" Ashton asked.

"Maybe the prophecy says more about that," Calum said so Ashton read another line.

But more than one could be in the death's hold.

"I think that means Calum wasn't the real target," Luke said what he's been thinking off since he heard the prophecy out loud.

"Or maybe we're all in danger," Calum said. "You can't know for sure what that means, read on."

They will be saved with love untold.

But many hearts could be left cold.

"Love," Luke sighed. "It's impossible to say, almost every good and bad thing that happens between the gods is because of love. Could be Aphrodite?"

Ashton groaned. "She does hate my dad's children that aren't her own."

"And her love for your dad does leave her husband Hephaestus with a cold heart. And he is the god of metalworking, which could also mean cold?" Calum looked at Luke to either confirm or deny what he said.