COUNTDOWN PART 1

February 11, 2015

11:35 AM

14th: 2 DAYS AWAY

Leafy's POV:
I was still so happy that Firey and I are alive and breathing, considering what happened yesterday. Also, I am getting really excited that February 14th is in only three days, which means the day of the dance is almost here. Start the countdown, people. I couldn't wait. Even though we are going as friends, I have a feeling of something special. I already finished my lunch, and have my earbuds on my phone. I put on shuffle and "Heavy Rotation by AKB48" (real song) came on. I smiled. That song totally represents Firey and I and how such a love has limits beyond belief. (That speech was beautiful :,D. Also if you want to listen to heavy rotation, you might want to search for the one with English subs.) I hummed along the tune, and Firey sat down at the seat in front of me. "Yo, Firey!" Pen called out behind him. Ah, that one name sticks in my head. I definitely love him more than the day I fell into my locker. We have gotten really close. Just looking back on the night of 14 pages of math to now, we are definitely starting romance somewhat. Even thinking of all the kisses, hugs, blood, gore, disappointment, mystery, and embarrassment made me blush. Love is amazing, no matter what. Just like they say, sometimes it feels like time slows down. I smiled and blushed even more. I suddenly snapped out of thought and shook my head. I now realized I was staring at Firey's back the whole time, while he was turned around, talking to Pen and Tennis Ball. I let out a sigh of relief that he didn't see me smiling and blushing in my thoughts. He turned around. "Leafy? Anything wrong?" He asked me. I sat up straight in my seat quickly, so I could stop thinking about me + Firey= LOVE. "No, why would there be?" I asked. "You sighed loudly." he replied. "Oh, um, It-It's nothing, really." I talked quickly. Please don't ask me what it was, please don't ask me what it was, I prayed. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Ye-yes." I replied kind of shaky. He looked at me kind of weirdly. Then the lunch bell rang, time to go outside. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me outside. I blushed, but he didn't see because he was ahead of me. He pulled me to a brick wall, sort of near the back. "Well, time to start talking." he told me.

Firey's POV:
"Talking about wh-what?" She asked, her face getting hot. I frowned. She looked scared. "Leafy, chill, it's just me, Firey. I want to make sure you're ok. Are you sure it was nothing when you sighed?" I asked her. "Y-yea-yeah." She shakily replied. I understood it now. She loved me, but she was shy. She wouldn't open up the drawer, wouldn't set the butterfly free of its cocoon, wouldn't unwrap the candy. I wanted her to feel comfortable around me. So I grabbed her, pulled her in front of me, wrapped both of my arms lightly around her neck and rested my chin on her left shoulder. "Leafy! No worries. You know you can tell me anything and I won't mind." I told her. She froze. I just wanted her to be more comfortable around me. If I told her I loved her, she would definitely be more comfortable. I wanted to kiss her and tell her I loved her, I wanted to really bad. But there was only 3 days left. I think I might be able to wait! I love her, I really do. As she stood there frozen, I lowered my arms to go over her arms. She flinched. "F-Firey, wh-what are you d-doing?" She asked, her face getting hot again. Then I slid them under her arms, and about at her stomach. "F-Firey!" She exclaimed. I then turned to go in front of her. She looked at me with an odd look, and red cheeks. I smiled and winked at her. We were so close. I could have just gone up to her face and kissed her right there. But I didn't. I could wait 3 days. So I picked her up, and ran across the school with her. "Maybe you need the rush of fresh air?" I suggested, laughing. She laughed along. I'm glad she finally started to calm down. I smiled. Good!

Leafy's POV:
Firey ran around with me in his arms. Not really bridal style, but more if you hugged someone and picked them up during the hug. My face was crazy red. He obviously noticed it before. "Firey, you can't put me down now if you want!" I laughed. "Yep, you're definitely getting better in this wind." he replied, and stopped. He put me down against a wall, and started breathing heavy. I felt kind of bad. "Aw, Firey, you didn't have to do all tha-" "It's fine really," he quickly replied. Suddenly, Three girls came up to me and grabbed me and didn't let go. "HELP!" I yelled. I looked at them. Puffball's minions.

Firey's POV:
Oh no! Puffball's stupid minions! I hate them. They choked Leafy! "Listen up, little girl. You got Puffball expelled. She doesn't go to this school, and it's all your fault!" they yelled at poor Leafy. They were strong girls. They had muscles, for god's sake! The tears fell down her face. I couldn't let these 3 hurt her! "Put her against the wall, girls." one of them ordered. They shoved her back on the brick wall. Then they starting cracking their knuckles. No way you're laying a single finger on my Leafy, I thought. So I ran through the space of one of the girls and the brick wall, and grabbed Leafy with both hands, bridal style. I ran through and ran away from them, until they couldn't find us anymore when I went with her to the 6th graders playground. I hid behind a slide. "Leafy, are you alright?" I asked her. She didn't say anything. Then she sat up, leaned in, and kissed my cheek. "Thank you Firey, you're always there," she whispered in my ear. I held her close to me, and we just stayed there till the lunch bell rang for us to go back inside. Three days left. I can't wait!