I think im in love part 2

February 2nd, 2015

7:45 AM (15 Minutes till their school bell rings)

Firey's POV: Ok, so I didn't exactly come up with a lovey dovey plan. I decided to keep it simple. I ask her to the dance as friends, then I ask her to dance when a slow song comes on. I decided it was an ok plan. I would ask her today. I left out the door, and bumped into Leafy. Apparently she was waiting for me just outside the door. I blushed and she saw. She started blushing and looked away. Awkward, but also weird how just a day or two ago that wouldn't have been as embarrassing for us. Well, maybe at least for me. Wait, her too, she was blushing. I quickly broke the silence by asking, "What are you doing at my door, Leafy?" As soon as I said it, I wished I didn't. It seemed to make Leafy blush even more, and the fact that she was blushing made me blush. This was so embarrassing. I wanted to get out of there and I could tell she did too. But we didn't. Obviously we would look like total idiots. Leafy finally started speaking. "Oh, uh, I just wanted to, um, walk with you." "Oh, uh, er, sure!" I replied. I tried to forget about that experience while we walked to our school. I realized that moment took about 9 minutes as I looked down at my watch. As we walked I was in front of her and then I finally started thinking of how Leafy was blushing. What could she be blushing for? I mean, I was blushing because I loved her, but why would she... could she? Could my best friend since a few months ago possibly possess the same feelings for me as I do for her? It definitely was a possibility. But, still, it wasn't for sure. I wondered about this until we got to school right when the bell rang. I decided to think more later.

11:40 Science

Leafy's POV: It would be lunch in exactly 5 minutes. There I could sit and think of the embarrassment that happened to me this morning. Our Science Teacher, Mr. Moftre, was telling us about these bacteria cells. Normally I would be interested in this kind of thing, but today I really needed a break to think about what happened so early. It was now 11:45, and the bell rang for lunch dismissal. "Ok class, you're dismissed. But Leafy, please stay here." A few of my classmates giggled and pointed. I was slightly annoyed by this, but I mostly wondered why he wanted to talk to me. After the last of my classmates left, I went over to Mr. Moftre. "What is it you would like, Mr. Moftre?" I politely asked my teacher. "Well, Leafy, I'm sorry to say that you did not participate in the discussion here in this class today." he responded. So that's what it was! "Oh, I'm so sorry Mr. Moftre, I guess I just have a lot going on today to think about." I apologized. "Apology accepted, Ms. Earth," Earth is my family name. "But please do try to contribute to next class' discussion. You have great grades and I would like for you to keep them that way." said Mr. Moftre. "Yes Mr. Moftre," I said. I then grabbed the books off my desk and walked out the door. I bumped into Firey. I started to blush again. "Oh, Firey! What are you doing here?" I asked him, my face turning 5 shades of red. I was so embarrassed. I blushed right in front of him, the 2nd time today! He looked as if he understood and talked fast. "I waited for you. Why'd you take so long?" He joked. My face was still hot and red. I wanted to shake off the feeling but I couldn't. "Oh, uh, just had to talk to the teacher. Why'd you wait for me?" I asked him. It was his turn to start blushing. But only a little. "I.. was wondering if you wanted to sit.. with me?" he responded. "Oh, sure."I told him. In my mind, I added -I guess.- I wasn't sure if I could think about my embarrassment problems with him right there. But my heart wouldn't let my mouth turn his request down. I sighed. I was happy to at least be with him. I just hoped he wouldn't see my face turn red again.

At the cafeteria a few minutes later

Firey's POV:
As we sat down, I was excited. My plan was to ask her to sit with me at lunch and ask her to the dance as friends there. The first few minutes I recited new lines (that would be easy to remember). Then I took a deep breath. "Leafy," I started. "Yeah?" She asked me. "I wannn.." My brain stopped working again. -Relax,- I told myself. I took a deep breath and started again. "I wanted to ask you something." I continued. "What is it?" she asked, seeming curios. I took another very, very deep breath. -This is the starting of it all!- I told myself. "Its about the dance." I said. Her eyes seemed to get bigger. "I wanted to ask you," She turned her body toward me. "if you might" She moved closer to me. "want to go" She smiled a bit and it looked like she was expecting something special. Like she couldn't wait to hear what I would say. "to the dance with-" "Firey! My lovely, cute sugar pie shnookums!" I turned around and saw Puffball. What the hell? Why was she calling me her lovely sugar pie?

Leafy's POV:
What. the. heck?!?! Puffball appeared right behind Firey! And I think just about to ask me to the dance! "Im not your lovely sugar pie!" Firey yelled at her. "What do you want with me?" He sounded very annoyed. "Oh, are you cheating on me? I am your girlfriend, so you aren't allowed to talk to any other girls!" Puffball nagged. What?!? Puffball was Firey's Girlfriend? That moment I was hurt deeply inside. I had no chance with Firey if he had that rich snitch as his GF. "What? You aren't my girlfriend!! In fact, I hate you! I might as well slap across your face right now!" Firey yelled. "I don't even have a GF!" He continued. "Ok, ok, geez, calm your knickers." she snubbed in her perfect British accent. I'm jealous of the way she gets boys to swoon over her with that stupid accent. But not Firey. "I was just pretending!" The moment I heard that, I was so happy. "And I'm waiting for you to ask me to the dance as dates. There are going to be lots of slow songs!" She giggled and her friends giggled along. "No, I won't be your date, Puffy!" Firey shot back at her. She raged. Everyone knows how much she hates being called Puffy. "She walked off, whispering in one of her friends ears. That friend grabbed Firey and dragged him away. He squirmed as he broke free of her grasp. Suddenly all the other friends reacted and grabbed him. He screamed but no one noticed as they dragged him away to the back of the building. I cautiously followed and watched. Puffball was waiting for them at the back of the school, where no teachers ever saw anything. I peeked over the corner. Puffball laughed as she stared at Firey, all captured by 4 of Puffballs Girlfriends, each of them held either one of his arms or legs. "Now, Firey, You are going to French Kiss me and make it romantic. If you refuse to do so, I'll force you to do it. If it isn't romantic, me and my friends will shove your face upon the pavement." Puffball told him. What?! I couldn't let her kiss him or let them shove his face upon the pavement. Firey refused to kiss her, and Puffball slowly moved in. That was the last straw. I had to do something, quick! And that's when I remembered I had the second best belt in Kung Fu. I ran up to Puffball first and Roundhouse kicked her. I did a full frontal jab and side kicks to her friends. I picked Firey up and ran away with him in my arms. "Leafy?" He asked. "Yes, it's me. I couldn't let her kiss you." I blurted out. "What!?" He replied. I blushed again. That did not just happen. "I mean, I- I- I didn't want them to shove your face on the pave." I talked quickly. "Oh, well, thanks." he told to me. "And you can put me down now." He mentioned. "Oh, uh, right." He hugged me. "I could just kiss you right now." he said quietly. "You what?!" I said excitedly. "I mean uh, I could just.. hug you right now."he said. "Oh, uh, cool." I replied. Inside I had gotten so happy but now I felt unhappy. I could feel his face getting hot on my shoulder as we hugged. My face was hot, too. I think he felt how hot it was. I was starting to pull away but he still held on. I blushed again. It was the most romantic scene ever. I will never forget it :)