The Day before Dance

February 13th, 2015

7:30 AM

14th: TOMORROW

Leafy's POV:
Oh my leaf blower, only about 24 hours left. I'm pretty excited. I've never been to a dance before, my old school never had dances. I couldn't wait to spill out my feelings for Firey, but I didn't know when I should do it. I guess I will do it when the time seems right. It was almost here. Im excited to see Firey this morning. I just can't wait! So I opened up my door, and walked out without looking. My face almost collided with Firey's, again! Instead of my lips landings on his, my lips landed on his cheek. He wrapped his arms around my back, hugging me. I blushed a little. "F-Firey! H-hi!" I stuttered. "Hey Leafy, how are ya?" He asked, completely calm. So I calmed down, since he was fine with it. "I'm fine," I answered. We just stayed hugging. Like we didn't leave. I looked at my watch, 7:35. 5 extra minutes. So we just stayed there. Then he slid his arms down. He was going to pick me up again. I got ready, and sure enough he picked me up. He took me to the school, holding me the whole time. I was impressed. "Man, you're strong." I told him when he finally put me down. He looked me in the eye, blushing, and looked down for a few seconds. He then looked back up, and grabbed my left hand. I blushed. "F-Firey?" I stuttered. Suddenly, the bell rang for us to go inside. He looked at me for about 2 seconds longer, and leaned in and lightly laid his lips on my lips for a whole second, then let go of my hand and ran inside. I stood there, putting my left hand on my lips. "Wow." I whispered in awe, and slowly walked in to school.

Firey's POV:
I did it. I conquered my fear and kissed Leafy, even if it was for only 1 second. Good, some practice before I actually kiss her. You, know, these were only pecks for less than 2 seconds. I'm talking about real kissing, like make out sessions. I hurriedly grabbed my pencil case and binder, and I saw Leafy around the corner of the hallway, walking to her locker which is only one away from mine! I closed my locker and ran away quickly to math class. Once I reached it, I sat down beside Tennis Ball. "Hey Firey, how are you and Leafy?" He asked, winking at me. "Shhhh!!" I shushed him, as Leafy was entering the room. "Dude, what! I was just-" "SHH!" I repeated. I hated to do that to my best guy friend TB. But TB was a friend, and I obviously had friend feelings for him. Leafy was much more than a friend. Love always triumphs over everything. "Sorry TB! Not now. I don't want Leafy to hear." I whispered to him. "Why? You said you weren't scared if she found out." he questioned. "I don't want her to find out till tomorrow at the dance, besides, I want to be the one to tell her." I explained. "Oh, Ok." TB replied. "Cool, Bro." He told me. "How about Golf B-" "SHH!" TB said, shushing me. "Lol, Deja Vu." I told him. "What's your story with GB?" "I got her a white rose, her favourite type of flower." TB told me. "How did you figure that out? Did ya ask her?" I asked. "Hey, I have my ways." he replied. "Anyway, I'm giving them to her at lunch today and ask her to be my date to the dance." he continued. "Awww, that's cute." I told him. "Y-y-yeahh..." he replied, blushing. "Don't sweat it, bro." I laughed, patting him on the back. I wished him good luck!

11:44 AM (1 minute to lunch dissmissal)

Leafy's POV:
I was talking to Pen during math class about Firey and I. Pen told me that I have a good chance with Firey, and he told me that I'd have the time of my life at the dance, and winked at me. Huh? What did that mean? The lunch dismissal bell rang. I walked over to Firey. He kind of blushed and looked in another direction. He was walking with Tennis Ball, who was carrying what looked like a white flower, but I couldn't tell what type of flower it was. It was red ribbon tied up into a red bow around the stem. I wonder who it's for. I walked even closer to Firey, and he seemed to look down at the floor. Tennis Ball saw me, and said "Hey Leafy." I smiled at TB. "Hi," I responded. TB saw Firey looking at the floor, and nudged him hard enough so his shoulder landed on mine. He looked at TB, and I saw him mouth the word, 'Dude?!' TB mouthed, 'Dude, speak up!' So Firey looked at me, with blushing cheeks. "H-Hi L-L-Leafy." he stuttered. It was probably about what happened this morning. I wrapped an arm over his shoulder. "J-just d-don't mention it, kay?" I told him. "Okay." he replied. Then he unwrapped my arm off his shoulder. My heart sank, but then he wrapped his arm around MY shoulder. "That's my job!" He jokingly complained. We laughed together. TB looked at us and sighed. Firey looked at him. "Should I tell her?" Firey asked. "Sure, whatever." TB replied. Firey took his arm off my shoulder, and whispered in my ear. "Well, he is going to ask Golf Ball to be his date to the dance and give her the white rose he is holding." I smiled. "Awww, TB. I'm sure she'll like it!" I told him. "You think so?" he asked me hopefully. "Girls love flowers. Definitely." I told TB. He smiled at me, and nudged Firey on the arm. Firey blushed and looked down at his shoes for a few seconds. Then we reached the cafeteria. "Watch if you want," TB told us, "But don't interrupt me with even one word." he warned. He then went into the middle of me and Firey, backed up, and put a hand on both of our shoulders, and pushed us hard into each other. I know exactly he did that because he wanted us to interact, as he could tell we had 'something' in beetween us that looked like love. Firey put an arm around my shoulder and we watched as TB approached GB. I don't know why, but my head laid itself on Firey's shoulder. Firey laid his head slightly atop of mine. TB tapped on GB's shoulder. "H-hi G-golf b-b-ball!" He stuttered. "Oh! H-hi TB" GB replied. He took out the white rose from behind his back. "GB, y-you're beautiful, a-and I know y-you love white roses, and I g-got one for y-you." he muttered, but she heard. "Oh TB, thank you! I do like white roses, very much! Thank you for saying I'm pretty! But white roses are hard to grow, why'd you go through it all?" GB asked. "Because.. I-I l-love you GB, you are an a-amazing girl." TB muttered again. "TB, I- love you too." she said. "Would you be my da-mph!" Golf ball kissed him, full on the lips, around 6 whole seconds, then she let go. "Yes, I'll be your date." she replied. "But date to what?" She asked. "The dance." he replied. "Sure! Wear something nice." she said, and before walking off, she said, "Love you, boyfriend," and kissed him on the cheek. Then she walked off with a white rose, blushing. TB just stood there, smiling. "Awww!" Me and Firey said in unison. TB turned around to look at us, and then he started giggling. I then realized that my cheek had been against Firey's for a long time. His arm was around my shoulder, my arm was wrapped around his lower back, our free hands were holding each other's free hand, and our legs were touching. We were all over each other. I just sat there, and how did I end up sitting?! Firey then seemed to notice. We both started blushing. Firey let go of my shoulder, I let go of his back, and I tried to let go of his hand, but his grip held onto me tight. I blushed. He held tight to me. At that moment, I realized it. Firey wanted me as badly as I wanted him. It was true love. I wanted to kiss him, hug him, do it all. But I still had to wait till tomorrow. I can't wait any longer than that!

3:22 PM (After dismissal)

Firey's POV:
I can't wait for tomorrow! Only about 21 hours or so away till the V-day DANCE! Leafy and I were walking home, and she asked to come over to my place, just to hang. We reached my house, and I opened the door. I invited her to the living room, and we sat down and watched some news. I went to the kitchen, and made some popcorn. I grabbed a packet from the cupboard, and sprinkled extra butter on it, because that's just how she loved it. And so did I. Once it was finished heating up in the microwave, I bring it over to Leafy, and then I grab a big cup filled with soda, and put in two straws. I then bring that over and Leafy blushed a bit, and we shared the drink, and watched some cartoons. (Eighth graders watching cartoons, yup.) After that, I put away the empty plate of popcorn and the empty cup, and I led her to my room. Then I saw the big drawing I had made of me and her taped to the wall. I ran into my bedroom and quickly but carefully took it off the wall, and shoved it under my bed just as Leafy entered the room. "Firey? What's that?" She asked. "Nothing!" I quickly replied. "Okay..." she replied. "I took out my big stack of blank papers, and handed her a pencil. "Uh, you can draw, while I use the men's room." I said, quickly rushing to the washroom which was on the opposite side of the house. Too much soda!!

Leafy's POV:
As Firey rushed to the faraway bathroom, I looked at the blank white paper in front of me. I then looked under his bed and saw whatever paper he had shoved under there, face down. I peeked through the hallway, and barely saw the closed, locked washroom door. Maybe If I just take a quick peek, he won't catch me. I thought in my head. So I slowly, but quietly picked up the paper, and turned it over. What I saw made my eyes open wide. It was a drawing of Firey and I making out. It was coloured in perfectly with the right colour of hair and eyes and all, and he was grabbing my hand with one hand, and the other rested on my shoulder. The background was the back of our school, coloured in with the right colours, and no one else was in the picture. There was a quote above our heads reading, "They say no one is perfect. But they're wrong-she is perfect in my
eyes." I loved the picture, it was beautiful. Firey wanted to kiss me. I did too! But I held it in. Only a number of hours left. Suddenly, I heard the washroom door open. I quickly put the drawing under the bed, face-down like it was before. I got to drawing on my own paper. I can't wait till tomorrow!!!