Chapter 3 - The Lone Islands

"The Lone Islands," said Drinian, "The Port of Narrowhaven."
"Strange. Not a Narnian flag in sight," said Caspian, handing a spyglass to Edmund, after looking through it.
"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's," muttered Y/N
"Seems suspicious," said Drinian.
"I say we prepare a landing party," said Edmund, "Drinian?"

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, but the chain of commands starts with King Caspian on this ship," replied Drinian.
"Right," said Edmund softly.
"We'll use longboats," decided Caspian, "Drinian, pick some men and come ashore."
"Aye," responded Drinian.
"Tavros," said Caspian, before walking away.
"Man the longboats, furl the sail and prepare to drop anchor," commanded Tavros.

**********

"Onward!" shouted Reepicheep, "The thrill of the unknown lies ahead."
Drinian's selected crew - which, of course, included Edmund, Y/N, Lucy and Caspian - had just rowed to the Lone Islands in the longboats.
"Couldn't this have waited till the morning?" complained Eustace.
"There is no honour in turning away from adventure, lad," said Reepicheep.
"Listen," Lucy spoke suddenly, "Where is everyone?"

"Come on, jelly legs," said Reepicheep, extending his arm to Eustace.
"I'm capable of doing it myself," retorted the boy, trying to get out of the boat.
But Eustace only fell flat on his face. Reepicheep sighed, annoyed.
"And you're certain he's related by blood?" Caspian asked Lucy.
Lucy looked back at Eustace sympathetically, before following Edmund, Y/N and Caspian ashore. There was a silence for a while, before a loud bell suddenly rang, startling everyone.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on, "said Caspian, "If we don't come back by dawn, send a party."
"Yes, Your Majesty," replied Reepicheep.
Edmund, Y/N, Lucy, Caspian and Eustace proceeded further in to the island. Architecture took up the land - but everything was still eerily quiet. At last, they came to the main structure of the island. Eustace was exploring the nearby residences.

"Yeah, looks like nobody's in. So, do you think we should head back?" said Eustace suddenly, his voice shattering the spooky silence.
"Do you want to come here and guard...something?" suggested Edmund.
"Ah, yes! Good idea, cousin," said Eustace enthusiastically, "Very, uh...logical."

Y/N turned to Edmund, with an 'are you sure we should leave him here alone' expression, and Edmund looked quite skeptical himself. Caspian took out a knife and handed it to Eustace.
"I've got it, I've got it. Don't worry," said Eustace, as the others began to enter the building.
The inside of the building was ten times creepier than the rest of the island. Tall statues stood around the four of them, and large bells hung from the high ceiling.
"Uh, I'm ready to go when you are," Eustace shouted for them to hear.

Edmund held out his torch and drew his sword, as they approached a worn-out looking, wooden desk. An open book lay on the table, names and numbers scrawled over its pages.
"Who are all these people?" asked Lucy.
"Why have they been crossed out?" asked Edmund.
"It looks like some kinds of fee," said Y/N.
"Slave traders," said Caspian, before one of the bells sounded.

Shouts were heard all around, as some men climbed down ropes, surrounding Edmund, Y/N, Lucy and Caspian.
"Look out!" cried Caspian, before aiming his crossbow and shooting.
The four of them were outnumbered in their fight, but they clashed swords with their opponents beautifully. It wasn't long, before a high-pitched scream filled the hall, and everyone froze. They turned to the door, where a lavishly-dressed man held a knife against the throat of a very frazzled-looking Eustace.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal ike a girl again," the man spoke, "I'd say you should drop your weapons."
"Like a girl?!" Eustace asked, outraged.
"Now!" the man shouted.
Edmund, Y/N, Lucy and Caspian put down their weapons, as Edmund muttered, "Eustace."