Prize

❀❀

• shawn's point of view.

Today is finally the day. The day when I finally get to smile greatly again. The day when I get the chance to feel happy and be complete.

Today is finally the day I get to see my family. But after five, five whole months, I get to see my princess once I again. And me, his knight in shining armor, can't attain my excitement anymore.

Imagine this, five months talking to her through a phone or laptop screen, five months sending unlimited flying kisses and kissing emojis, five months of staying up late just to talk to her, five months without her in my embrace, five months without her. Now I question, how on earth did I survive without her?!

I zipped my suitcase closed and took a last glance from the current hotel room I was staying in. I took in a deep breathing and smiled.

"I'm finally going home." I said with excitement in my voice.

I carried all of my stuff down to the lobby and met with Mum with the crew.

"You're excited to see her, aren't you?" She teased, patting my back.

I nodded and gave her a weak smile.

"I miss her too, did you tell her already?" She asked as she took a bite of an apple she was devouring.

"No mum, I want it to be a surprise. Why?" I replied.

She gave me a "what-you-did-not-tell-her-look-glare" and shook her head.

I shrugged it off and we loaded our luggage inside the van. Eventually, we were on our way to the airport.

Once we arrived, I could see some fans waiting by the entrance. I smiled as I got down and gave a wave.

"Shawn! Shawn!" Some girls yelled in sync.

I took my luggage from my mum but she swatted my hand away.

"Go take pictures first hun, please?" She kind of commanded.

I did what she asked and I carefully walked towards the line of the fans.

"Shawn! Are you excited to go back home?" A girl asked with excitement.

I chuckled and replied, "Yeah. Pretty siked."

Once I was finished, I waved good bye to the fans and ran up to my crew who was waiting for me by the security.

"What took you so long?" My mother asked impatiently.

I mouthed a sorry and we went through security. After a couple of minutes, we all sat down by a lounge area near our gate.

I took out my phone and my mom took it away from me.

"Mom? Is something wrong?" I asked, sounding annoyed. She's been acting like this since this morning.

She ignored me and unlocked my phone. Well, I don't have a password anyway.

She gave me a little glare and pressed the screen a couple of times and eventually, she was holding my phone by her ear and talking to someone.

Once I knew who it was, my eyes bulged and I tried to take it away from her. But it was too late. She was already by the other end of the gate and it was too humiliating to have a fight with your mum in public.

"Hey (y/n), it's Karen." She smiled through the phone.

I raised my right eyebrow in curiosity. Why would my mum call (y/n)?

"Yeah. Uhm, tomorrow, Manuel would be going out and I was wondering if you could babysit Aaliyah for us?" My mother asked, biting her left fingernails.