ushijima wakatoshi

it's been a while, hello :)
this was requested by one of you,
so i hope you enjoy this!

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

It's Spring, and the Cherry Blossoms will soon be blooming soon, they might already have. I used to live somewhere that's rare to have trees as such, so I'm looking forward to today's date.

My boyfriend, who's usually focused on volleyball, promised me a date that we'll go see the Cherry Blossoms. Hearing a promise from him can only mean that he's free, and he's planning on spending his time with me.

I met him at one of the live volleyball matches my friend dragged me to. When I saw him, I just felt like I couldn't look away. He was looking directly into my eyes back then. So maybe that's why I couldn't. Who knew I'd be dating a National volleyball player?

I wave as I jog over to him, and he welcomes me with a kiss on my forehead, "Wakatoshi, how long can I use you?"

"How long?" He seems confused.

"I rarely see you despite the fact that we're dating, so I was wondering how long this will last," I smile innocently, and he chuckles as he tucks strands of hair behind my ear," "Why are you laughing?"

"I was just thinking that you're cute." He's being so blunt that I'm embarrassed. "Your cheeks are red, are you sick?" And his random stupidity makes me feel embarrassed too. "You're fine though."

"I'm just happy to see you," he smiles and kisses my cheek, and I hold his hand as I bring him along with me, "Should we eat lunch first? It's too sunny to go viewing.."

"Let's do whatever you want," I smile and nod, and he places a hand on my head as he leans in and kisses me, "Hmm.. your lips are soft." He's too blunt..

"T-Thanks?" he smiles and kisses me again, "Wakatoshi, we're in public..."

"You're my girlfriend." Aha.. He doesn't care.

Well, that's my boyfriend, Ushijima Wakatoshi. People say he's stoic, and his voice is always deep, but I've never seen or heard what they're talking about. He's goofy when he's with me. Is it because I'm his girlfriend?

Wakatoshi drove us to a restaurant near the park, and the place is better than I thought. It's a sushi restaurant, but the place is really giving me expensive vibes.

Considering his career, he's probably gone here with his teammates, but whatever. If it's not a girl then it doesn't matter to me at all. Even if it was a girl, he chose me now so why should I care?

"(Y/n)," I hum, and he feeds me sushi, "You're spacing out," I chew on the sushi slowly and swallow as I drink water, "Are you actually tired?"

"No, I was just thinking about who you've been here with," I dip my sushi into the soy sauce and smile as I take small bites, "Probably... the simpleton ace? The simpleton shorty.. and the simpleton setter..."

"Why do you call everyone a simpleton?"

"Because that's what you call them," he coughs and chokes on his food, and I laugh as I hand him tissues and a glass of water, "You have no self-realization.. that's kind of cute."