iwaizumi hajime

high low! this was a requested oneshot by one of you, and hopefully, it turns out nice ^^ anyway, enjoy my comeback and stay tuned for more!

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

The life we're in isn't the 1800s, but classes and discrimination is still present as it was before. But in our time, it's different—today's different. You're differentiated by your popularity no matter what.

In our school, it's very clear to everyone. The popular ones, the gorgeous ones, the smarts ones, and the boring ones. If you're the first three, then congrats. Everyone loves you. But if you're the last two, then sorry.

Like me, I'm smart and boring. I'm good with my studies, but that's all that I have. I've competed for our school, but academics isn't the pride of our school, but our volleyball team. They're the famous ones.

I hear the door bell chime, and I smile. "Welcome!" I greet, finding the famous volleyball team enter the restaurant. I take the menu, and place it on their table. "Ana, do you mind if you do the honor of asking for their orders? I have to.."

"Hmm, aren't they from your school?" I just smile and pat her back.

I ready the orders for the table next to them, and head to the other table to clean. I arrange the dishes, spray some water and soap to the table and wipe it. I also swept the floor so it's tidy.

"(Y/n), Ana's not taking the orders. Take them." Our manager hands me the notepad. "Don't be shy and go."

I hesitantly walk over to them. "(L/n)-san." I flinch as Oikawa chimes at me. "Heh, you work here?" I just nod, and gesture him to tell me their orders. "Well, the usual."

"T-The usual...?" I ask, and he chuckles. "I can't.. remember... if I've seen you guys work here but uhm.." I head to my manager. "The usual..?"

"We know what that is." She says, and heads to the kitchen.

I'm shaking. Why am I nervous around them? It's not like they're scary.. it's just... I don't fit in the world they're in. Widely recognized across our prefecture, and it's just way above me. They're different.

I serve their orders, and continue with work. I refilled their juices and water, and I also served the rest of their other orders. They're really scaring me for some reason.. but I have to act tough.

Some girls came in and gossiped amongst themselves. I happened to hear that they beat some team today. I didn't know that it's Inter High already, not that it's important to me. I'm just a shadow.

"(L/n)-san, here's for everything." Oikawa hands me cash, and I give him his change. "Since when did you work here?"

"I.. uhm..." I smile and hide my face.

"Shittykawa, time to go!" Some guy calls, grabbing Oikawa's collar and dragging him out of the restaurant.

I don't know about the rest of the team, but I know Oikawa. In our prefecture, he's like an idol of some sort. He has so many fans across schools, and well, he's handsome.