The Ransom

Niall's POV

Today, didn't feel right. Like everything just felt out of place and everyone was just acting really strange today. It just gave me an uneasy feeling.

I looked around the halls as I walked towards 1st period, all alone.

I looked towards the only empty seat in the classroom. I would have sworn there were no empty seats.

Wait!

That is what was missing. That is what made me feel uneasy and just plain weird.

Harry is always at school or he will tell me if he misses a day like the night before. Even if it was last minute, he would have texted me this morning about whatever it was he was going to do while he was out.

I looked through my phone notifications to see if he had made any attempts to contact me. I had no new messages from Harry. I had no Tweets, Tumblr messages, or even Instagram comments.

Was he in trouble? If so, was it serious trouble or was it something simple like his mom taking him electronics or him being too sick to text (which was highly unlikely).

I texted Harry, scared something has happened to him or to his family.

5 minutes pass.

Then 10.

Then 20.

Harry then replies and says he is in major trouble with these people who want his research and his test subjects.

Then it hits me.

I am his test subject.

They want me.

*Text Dialouge*

Harry: Niall, I am in some trouble with some people

Niall: WHAT?!? WHY!??!?!? BY WHO? THE HELL DID YOU DO

Harry: This group that has wanted my research for a long time.

Niall: Where are you

*End Text Dialouge*

What has Harry done to get involved with them? Was it stolen money? Did he still their ideas? Why didn't he tell me before hand about some group who wanted his research?!

Then I remember.

Harry has probably gotten in trouble because of my "enhancements".

I ditched school and ran to his house to see if the people who were after him were there.

I ran in ignoring his mum and look for the suit and all of his important documents.

I burst into the basement and to my surprise there is nothing. Not a single thing was in there. His desk, his bookshelf, his little robot thing. Gone.

There was no sign of any of his things even being there. It was almost as if it was never even there.

I look around everywhere looking for at least a folder.

Nothing. Not even a scrap sheet of paper. No trash. No pens.

Absolutely nothing.

I dropped to my knees as I knew that any hope in me saving him was just false.

This isn't the Harry I know.

He would leave something hidden somewhere.

"THAT'S IT!!!" I look around in the most oblivious places.

Why don't you go and check his room, stupid? My subconscious asks in an annoying tone.

I ran up into his room and dug around in his closets. I felt almost bad for my digging because everything was so neat and in order and here I was throwing everything around.

I reached up and got some boxes from the very top shelf. They were labeled Photo Albums.

I open them all and see they are documents, notes, and the suit folded with the mask laying on top.

I put the suit in my school bag then went to Harry's mum. She was crying on the chair.

"What is wrong?" I tried my best to keep my voice from being any louder than a yell.

"T-They took my Harry." She snuffled as she tried wiper her tears.

"They left a note. I am so scared for my baby." Anne handed me a slightly crumbled paper.

'Bring the documents to the docks. If you think about bringing in the police, we will kill Harry without second thought.'

I dressed in the suit quickly then went out for Harry's motorcycle. If he had any chance of living, it was me with my strength.

I looked down at my messenger bag that held my shield. I drove to the docks and waited til it got dark before I could proceed with my plan.

Please, don't screw this up, Niall.