#18: Champagne Problems

//a.n. wow hello! It's July 2021 haven't updated this collection since like 2015. I haven't really written anything like a short story in a while, I'm working on Mirrors, my latest Louis fanfic which I'm super excited about lol, it's here on Wattpad if anyone wants to take a look. Anyway, here's something I thought of while on the bus back home, earlier tonight. It's currently 02:32 a.m. and I just finished my iced coffee. ANYWAY enjoy :)

Angela - Flower Face

It's not like I don't miss you anymore; I know it's been two months,  I know I was supposed to move on in life, just like you did. But that's  the thing with plans. Just like ours, they rarely come true.

However,  as I parked the car outside and stepped towards the central entrance, I  never imagined I'd see you so soon; I wasn't supposed to. But there you  were, peacefully drinking your beer while holding a stranger's hand in  the dim lights that suddenly seemed to be fading in the background.  Dressed in your white shirt and black pants, looking nothing like you  used to; far away from what I once knew.

"After you, babe. I insist," he smirks at me, his hand leaned towards the entrance as he stands behind me.

I  smile, he approaches just enough to let his lips meet mine. I can hear  the calm summery music on the speakers, it's loud but not enough to mute  the thoughts that are frantically running around my head. It's me and  Zayn's one month anniversary; it's been a nice month, even if Zayn is  nothing like you.

The  reservation is obviously for two. You see, he's rich enough to book us a  table on a Saturday night, on a seaside bar that is already fully  booked, packed with people. Money has that kind of power; getting you  everything you want, even if most people believe they can't make you  happier. As the waiter approaches our table, an expensive champagne  bottle resting in an ice bucket on his shoulders, I realize me and you  have never ordered a whole bottle of champagne just for the two of us;  me and you always got beers and sat by the seaside, Louis. You used to  play the guitar for me, we'd stay there until the sun came up through  the ocean.

The  champagne foam almost goes over my glass as it clinks against Zayn's. I  tilt my head, a smile spreading on my face; I may not be in love, but I  can feel how much he loves me, how he adores me.

"Cheers,  babe," his soft voice reaches my ears over the distant, boring  commotion of people talking and the music. The bar lights are  illuminating around us, reflecting on the water as the waves crash  against the shore. It's nice to be here, out of all places.

"Cheers, Zaynie."

And as our glasses clink and a single drop of alcohol flies towards my satin red dress, that's right when you notice me.

"Since when do you enjoy leaving before the clock hits twelve?"

A  familiar placid voice fills up the background as I stand all alone in  the parking lot, next to Zayn's car which I've just unlocked.

"I forgot my purse, Louis. Since when do you care about what time I'm leaving?"

He  shakes his head ironically, each slow step bringing him closer; until  his arm rests against the bright red body of the car. The door is  hanging open behind me as I face him, his perfume reaches me like  dazzles of a distant memory.

"You don't need a purse when you're with someone like him."

I  take a deep breath; the fresh sea air runs through my lungs like  electricity, somehow waking me up from the lethargy and the alcohol.  However, I don't know what to say exactly, so I just crack a smile full  of irony. What the hell are you supposed to say to someone you didn't  even expect to see that soon, anyway?

"He  gets you champagne and lets you drive his Ferrari, I just got you beers  in my old Nissan Skyline," he gazes around the parking lot  unemotionally.

"You've never been jealous, what's changed now?"

Louis chuckles contemptuously; looking down in an attempt to avoid my eyes locking into his.

"I understand why you chose him, I'd choose him, too."

"Bullshit,"  my voice tops his. "What were you expecting exactly? You said you'd  leave, you were supposed to go abroad to study, you literally  disappeared first."

Another  step brings him even closer to me; so close, that I can feel his breath  blazing hot, tasting like alcohol and cigarettes.

"It took you no time to replace me, Y/N."

This  time, I'm the one stepping closer to him. The sky blue around his  dilated pupils looks darker in the low lights of the parking lot, his  expression looks something between guilty and angry.

"We're not the same, Louis. You were the first one to walk aw-"

His  lips crash against mine; he interrupts me. I almost stop breathing for a  second, all I feel is his hands running up and down my back, his caress  hypnotizing me just like before. It's all going in slow motion; reality  has collapsed, the starry sky above our heads and the waves crashing  against the shore in the distance are the only things reminding me of  where I am anymore. And of course; they remind me I'm not supposed to be  out here, making out with Louis without even regretting it.

"Stop ruining it," I mumble between the shivers that are running down my body.

"I'm parked in the corner," he replies with his eyes closed, not letting me off his hands. Even if I promised myself  I'd forget how warm and familiar his hands feel while they ran up and  down my body, at that moment I realize I didn't quite make it.

"There's no chance I'm just leaving him like that."

"I  didn't ask you to leave him like that," Louis whispers, before he  pushes me down to the driver's seat, both his arms wrapped around me so I  won't fall with force.

His  face is still inches away from mine; I feel like everything I ever  wanted is right there, between his parted rosy lips. A voice inside of  me is begging me to back off, and another is shouting me not to. I can't  tell which is louder; I just shut my eyes close, letting myself drift  away in the familiar taste of his tongue against mine, the tinge of  alcohol mixing with the cigarettes. I wasn't supposed to be here; I'm  not a cheater. I'm with Zayn now, I didn't even plan to see Louis again.

However, that's the thing with plans; they rarely come fucking true.