7. All I Want

Rosalie
All I Want by A Day To Remember

Waking up was a relief, the first week of summer officially starting. I rolled over onto my back and pushed my hair out of my face. I was still tired. I rubbed my eyes and searched around for my phone. Although I wasn't looking, I knew I would find it somewhere nearby and eventually found it under my pillow. Not quite sure how it got there, I pulled it out for under my pillow and began reading the texts I had.

I had gotten some over the past few days but never felt like actually checking them. I only got to the second text, which was a classic drunk text from Jake.

I love you, Rosalie. -Jake

I felt like throwing up in my mouth; Jake was not anything near my boyfriend. My mind drifted to what I had told to Danny. I said Jake was my 'boyfriend' so he would stop drilling me about my... innocence. I know he was probably screwing his girlfriend right now but I didn't want to seem so... innocent. Danny was rough and difficult, with a hard expression on his face and the gall to speak whatever he had on his mind. I didn't lack all of those traits, I could speak my mind, but he had something to him that was hard to pin point exactly but easy to define as a whole. Danny wasn't innocent. Danny was mean. Danny was, in a word, dirty. He looked at people like objects most times, and I will point out that one of the first things I said face to face with him was 'stop looking at me like a piece of meat'. Not to mention the way he spoke; that alone justifies my accusation.

I deleted the other texts from Jake, which consisted of all the things he wanted to say but had to be drunk to say them. Classic. I checked the time on my phone, it reading 11:34 am. Slowly, I rolled off my bed and trudged over to my door, adjusting my pajama bottoms as I walked. The hard wood outside my bedroom door was cold on my bare feet and I silently wished I had thought to put on socks. I always forgot the practical things.

I pushed passed Buckley, who was wandering around the upstairs for some unknown reason, and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and all the other boring things you do in the morning before walking out of the bath room and door the stair case. I could already hear my dad in the kitchen doing God knows what and the faint sound of my mothers acrylic nails clicking against her key board.

By the time I had reached the bottom of the stairs case and began walking through the archway that led to the kitchen, my mother was in a black pant suit, purse in hand, ready to walk out the door and to work. My dad was leaning against the granite counter, sipping coffee from and orange mug, in a suit and tie. "Leaving for work too?" I asked as I leaned against the edge of the island directly in front of him. He nodded as he took the final swig of his coffee and set the mug on the counter. He put one arm around me, his brief case in his other hand and pulled he into a half hug, kissing me on the forehead before turning swiftly and walking towards the front door.

He didn't say a word to me before he shut the door behind him and half jogged to his car. He drove a black mustang that was sleek and perfect, just as he liked it. It was my grandfathers favorite car and my dad just kind of picked up on love for Ford Mustangs.

I found a box of cereal that I wanted sitting on the counter and quickly made myself a bowl. I didn't take me much time to devour it and I was slowly climbing the stair case in no time. I rubbed my eyes and searched for Buckley, but it didn't take long to realize exactly where he was. I took short strides to my room, pushing the door open and saying," Give me the phone and get out." He kept his eyes on the screen as he blindly get off my bed, tripping on clothes that were strewn across the floor of my room. He sighed heavily and placed the phone in my hand and stalked out of the room dramatically.

I needed to get my car back. My dad was soon going to get suspicious about why I hadn't gotten it back and now was the perfect time to get it since both of my parents were gone. I contemplated for a moment if it was safe to leave Buckley alone, but shrugging my shoulders I concluded that he wouldn't die if I was gone for thirty minutes. I left for longer than that other times. I grabbed my phone and texted Carmen.