she carries you to bed

Yuqi yawned quietly and reached for the lamp to turn it on. The movie you were watching together had just finished. It was already getting late before you turned it on but you've been missing each other like crazy and tonight was the first night you've gotten to spend together in weeks.

So when you asked for one more movie, Yuqi couldn't find it in her to say no and now she knows it's got to be at least after midnight. She was ready for bed, completely exhausted. Obviously, you were too. Because when she looked down at her lap, where you comfortably rested your head, she found that you were sound asleep.

"Hey, cutie." She whispered softly as she brushed her fingers through your hair, watching as you smiled a little. "It's time to get up. The movie is done and we need to get up to bed."

You shook your head and just snuggled closer to her. Her heart melted and a feeling of pure love for you rushed over her. She was so very in love with you and things like this only make her fall deeper.

"You want a good night's rest, right? You don't want to sleep on the sofa all night. Let's go up to bed. You can go straight to sleep when we get there."

"Too tired." You mumbled and she sighed.

She refused to go to sleep without you by her side and she was not about to sleep on the couch all night when your bed is so much cozier and she needs a good night's sleep for practice tomorrow.

She got up and gently placed your head back on the sofa before she carefully lifted you into her arms. The warmth and security her arms gave you made you melt. You curled up to her, your face comfortably buried in her neck.

"Are you sleeping?"

"Yeah." You sighed softly and she giggled a little before rubbing your back.

It was just a moment later when she laid you in the bed. She leaned down to kiss across your forehead. She thought you were already sound asleep, so it surprised her when you opened your eyes.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Hey," you yawned. "Thanks for carrying me to bed."

"You're welcome." She whispered before kissing your head once more. She turned around as if she was going to leave the room and you quickly stopped her by grabbing her wrist gently in your hand.

"No, don't leave me."

"I'm just going downstairs to turn off the lights. I won't be gone for more than a minute."

"No," you said and pulled her onto you, making her burst out laughing. She rolled onto her side of the bed, her eyes sparkling as you laid on your side to gaze at her. "Stay here with me."

"Okay, baby girl." She said and then leaned over to steal a kiss from your lips. "C'mon. Cuddle with me. Let's get a good night's sleep together."

You put your head on her chest and tangled your legs with hers. One of her hands held yours, the other ran up and down your back soothingly. She left a few kisses on your head and felt a flutter in her heart as you fell asleep almost instantly; feeling warm and safe in her arms.

"Goodnight, baby. Sweet dreams. I love you so much." She said and put her head back on the pillow as she began to drift off to sleep with a smile on her face as you whispered,

"I love you more, Yuqi."