she won't let go when you hug her

You slammed the door closed as you walked through it, taking Yuqi by surprise and making her jump from her spot on the sofa.

You mumbled an apology as you shrugged off your jacket. She could see the frown on your lips and the way your shoulders were slumped. You were down about something, but she wasn't sure what.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, eyebrows pinched together as she stood up and opened her arms for you.

You walked right into them and dropped your cheek to her shoulder. A shaky breath fell from your lips. Your warm breath tickled her skin as her warm and safe arms wrapped securely around you.

In your safe space now, you allowed the tears to blur your vision and let one fall down your cheek.

With another shaky breath, you spoke,

"Just a bad day." You mumbled and closed your eyes.

You breathed in the smell of her perfume that lingered on her neck and you quickly found her embrace clearing away the stress and the worries on your mind.

You went to pull away but her grip on you only tightened. Your giggle against her skin made her smile from ear to ear. The sadness was fading. She'd succeeded in cheering you up.

But she didn't want to let you go. She didn't want to risk you becoming sad again.

So every time you attempted to pull away, she held you tighter, until you were laughing again and again.

She led you to the couch and sat down before she brought you onto her lap. Her arms remained tight around you while she dropped her forehead to your shoulder and softly kissed your skin.

"I love you. I'm happy to see you smile again, to hear you laugh. Sorry your day was bad but tomorrow will be better, and for now, I'll hold you tight and won't let you go."

Her words melted your heart and you quickly melted into her. You put your cheek on her chest and cracked a tiny smile, feeling happy again all thanks to her.