Chapter 13, Part 1: It's Okay, If It's Just Today

The morning after the moonlit fight between Jun and Kal, Tully received a text from Kal asking him if he had time to meet up later on. Tully agreed as he really enjoyed Kal's company and had no plans for the rest of the weekend. Tully felt that Kal was easy to talk to, made him feel comfortable and happy inside. With him around there was never a dull moment.

Around 3pm there was a light knock on the DeMoor's door and Joanna answered. Kal was at the door wearing a casual pair of ligh blue jeans that exemplified his long, lean but muscular legs. While a short sleeve white polo shirt hugged his biceps and outlined his sculpted abs to perfection. His hair was messy as though simply air dried yet it exuded a laid back sort of sexiness.

Joanna smiled widely after observing the boy before her as they exchanged pleasantries. "Kaleo sweetheart, come inside. Tully, that boy is running late as always" she sighed helplessly as she motioned for him to enter the house.

"Thanks Joanna" He replied smiling back at her.

"Tully, your date is here!" She yelled up the stairs and giggled with a teasing expression when Tully's exasperated groan echoed from up the stairs. She then turned to Kal and pulled his hand gently guiding him into the living room where Claude and Julian were watching TV.

Kal begun chatting happily with the two boys as Joanna prepared some snacks. About 10 minutes later, Tully came thundering down the stairs. He was wearing black casual loose-fitting trousers with a black graffic tee that was tucked into the trousers. A thin brown belt excenuated his thin waist, and the white chunky retro trainers added a little bit of height to his short 5"5 frame.

He walked into the living room and smiled apologetically at Kal. Rubbing the back of his head he said in a sheepish tone "S-sorry to keep you waiting...".

Kal swallowed audibly, the motion evident in the shifting of his Adam's apple. His countenance instantly brightened upon Tully's arrival. His gaze trailed from Tully's wild tight curls that looked soft to the touch, then to his gorgeous deep brown eyes, then his freckles before lingering momentarily on his plump lips. Slowly his grey-green eyes fleeted down the boy's neck, specifically stopping at a point between his neck and the crook of his shoulder, followed by his thin waist and finally to his plump little butt that was still visible despite the looseness of his trousers. His seemingly 'secret' act of totally checking out Tully did not escape Joanna's eyes who chuckled quietly like a sly old fox making Kal who was caught in the act blush. The oblivious Tully looked between his mum and Kal then back again unable to figure out what was going on.

"Right boys, get going now so that you can come back earlier" Joanna stated. She grinned before kissing his cheek. Claude and Julian also came to see the pair off. "Come back by 10pm sharp" Julian stated in an usually stern tone. However, this air of strictness was broken immediately after he got gently slapped by Claude in the back of his head. He pouted dramatically, looking extremely wronged before shifting to the side to seek comfort in Joanna's arms. "Mum! Did you see that, Claude is being a bully" He accused rubbing the back of his head where Claude slapped him.

Joanna sighed while shaking her head. She sent a playful glare at Claude while rubbing the back of Julian's head softly. Seeing Claude being glared at, Julian smiled and stuck his tongue out at him.

Tully who was observing his brother's juvenile antiques turned to Kal "Sorry about these two idiot brothers, I think they've recently had too much fresh air, probably made them lose a few braincells" He stated while rolling his eyes.

Claude who has thus far been silent opened his mouth and stated in a low steady tone "10:30pm". Kal chocked back his laughter, hiding it with a cough. This pair of overprotective brothers were so funny. But he can't blame them, he too wanted nothing more than to be by Tully's side, not only to protect him but to love him freely and wholeheartedly for the rest of his life. He wanted this more than anything in the world. He wanted Tully but now he couldn't have him...

Tully placed his hand onto Kal's wrist and pulled him away from his crazy family. As the existed the house Joanna said to Kal "I want him back before midnight. Oh and keep it strictly PG 13" she spoke wearing a knowing grin on her face though her tone was firm and indisputable. Kal blushed red while nodding vigorously before walking towards his parked car followed by an equally red Tully. He opened the door of the passenger side for Tully before putting his seat belt on for him.

These actions made Tully feel embarrassed. "I'm not a g-girl, so why are you doing this?" he questioned. Kal smiled, looking into the boy's brown eyes he said, "I'm doing this because I want to and because it's you, it has nothing to do with your gender". Tully tilted his head to the side for a moment, a look of confusion in his eyes as he pondered the meaning behind Kal's words. After a moment a red blush coated his face as though struck with some sort of realisation. Kal chuckled, ruffled the boy's soft hair then buckled his own seat belt. "Don't think too much about it. Today let's spend some time together and have fun. There is no need to think too much into it" He spoke in a whispering tone as though conversing with himself.

Tully knew that there was something wrong with Kal from the moment he saw him today. The boy's gray-green eyes seemed to lack their usual vitality and liveliness. His smile seemed somewhat laboured without any trace of genuine happiness. For Kal to get this dispirited...something must truly be wrong. Now was not the time to ask though. For now he will do his best to cheer Kal up and make sure he's back to being his normal happy and lively self. Tully's simple mind had finished working on it's game plan, he subconsciously nodded in satisfaction, the corners of his lips lifting slightly. Completely unaware that his sly foxy smile was viewed as sexy and almost made the boy next to him drive the car in an S shape and directly off the road, Tully asked "So, where are we heading?"

Kal smiled and replied "a secret place I found and thought you might like". Tully's eyes sparkled, he lightly coughed to hide his excitement then repeated "a secret place I might like..."

"Then afterwards we can grab something to eat. We can also go to a secret place that I like that you might also like" Kal stated in a teasing tone while smirking. Tully squirmed in his seat, blushing all the way down to his neck. Kal laughed and for the first time today it was sincere. "Whoa there, what were you thinking that got you blushing to this extent?" He questioned teasingly. Tully huffed, "you - stop teasing me, you were the one who made it sound s-so..."

"So...what?" Kal asked innocently but the smirk was still evident in his eyes.

Tully grew even redder. He glared at Kal before turning away to look at the changing scenery outside the car's window as a way of hiding his embarrassment.

The car pooled into the parking lot and the boys exited. They walked for about ten or so minutes before coming to a stop infront of a small Japanese themed cafe. It was a quaint little shop, so well hidden from the main street that Tully was shocked as to how Kal was able to find it.

They walked in and ordered some drinks and snacks. When Tully was about to sit down, Kal asked him to wait for a moment. He then went back to the counter and asked the waiter to tell Tamako that Kal is here. The waiter nodded and retreated into the back of the shop. Moments later a middle aged Asian man walked out of the back with a grin on his face. "You're here ah", he then handed him a key and continued "it's the third door on your left along the corridor. The shop closes at 12, have fun with your friend but be careful with my collection. Those are all my precious babies".

"Thanks Mr Tamako, don't worry we'll be very careful" Kal answered with a grateful smile. He then grabbed their tray of food and gently grasped Tully's hand pulling him upstairs. They walked to the correct door and Kal handed Tully the tray, inserted the key and opened the door.

* * * * * * * * * *
Soo...it's been a while and I don't know if anyone is still reading this...ah. Anyway, I shall persevere in the name of my own self fulfillment. Also, I am very thankful to the people who have read thus far, left comments, added to their reading list. Honestly makes me feel so happy and touched!!