Chapter Ten

Weeks passed. Zelda was pregnant with Steeles pup. No one knew apart from the pack. Yet Erebus knew. He was a god. The god of nature himself. He saw everything. "Have you not shown her anything?" Steele asks his brother. "I have not. She is the one to submit and show me. I not show her." Erebus says. They were in the middle of celebrating her pregnancy. They knew it would be a male. The future Alpha.

"She should not submit. We should submit to her. She is the chosen one." Steele says aloud. His brother just growls. "For I am a god brother, and for you are nothing. I do not feel the pain of separation. I don't have a mate like you. This is why she didn't feel close to me. Chosen one, no. Fool, yes." Erebus tells him.

"For you are the fool my brother. You have no life, no psck. No meaning." Erebus growls. "I feel the nature. I need not a pack, but a rock. A stone. I need the power and I will get it. For I am higher than you. The Council will make me King of the supernatural. I will rule and make things better." Erebus says. He has a lot of pride. "Your pride will weaken you. A mate will make you stronger." Steele says. This is what he believes.

"For you believe in fate. I do not. Twins we are, mortal you are, preserved for a thousand years. I however am immortal. I cannot die. I am a god." Erebus says.

"A god you are, a man of pride you are. Too prideful." Steele says. Erebus knocks him over. "You dare challenge me!" Erebus growls. Steel looks at him. "I'll challenge you with words." Steele growls. "Challenge me then. The beast will win."

Steele growls. "I wish we didn't have to fight." Steele says. Erebus grabs his neck. "Fight me if you are an Alpha!" Erebus yells. He let's go of his neck. "Brother, for I am an Alpha, but to fight my own brother, I will not." Steele says. "Now I must get back to my Pack." Steele says and runs off. Steele had to check on his mate. His guards bowed before him. This is what all packs were like. All bow to the Alpha. Alphas weren't just leaders, they were everything.

They were the packs life. The anchor. Steele entered his den. He looked at his mate. "Steele this is Ylva." Zelda introduced. "What is she doing here!" Steele growls. "In my den!" He raises his voice. Ylva and Zelda cower away. Ylva stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow sometime. Good luck with your pup." Ylva said. Clearly she has changed.

Ylva left the two on their own. He kneeled in front of his mate. "Why was she here?" He asks calmly. "We were just catching up." Zelda tells him. He pulls her to him. "I just want you to be careful." He says. "I know and I am. I love you." Zelda says and kisses him. He immediately responded and kissed her back. The two had grown really close over the weeks. Eventually the packs heir would be born. The future Alpha.

He ended up on top of her. She was laughing like a mad woman. He enjoyed this. He loved making his mate happy. Unlike his brother, who only wanted revenge and death. Steele lived a good life while Erebus lived questioning himself all the time. Wanting to end his life.

He knows he can't. He'd never be the Grand Alpha if he was dead. His mate looked him in the eye. "I'm so glad I'm mated to an Alpha." She says. "And why is that?" He asks. "I want to have a role. To care for the pack and for you. Everyone knows, the female must care for her male." Zelda says. He smiles at her. "I'm not exactly a believer of the old days. I don't want my mate to become a servant." He says. "A servant I am not. Your mate I am." She says and presses her lips to his.

He kissed her dominantly and then from there things ended up with a twist.....

***

Zelda woke up the next morning. Both wore nothing. She blushed a shade of red. He really loves me. She thought. She smiled to herself. She looked around for her clothes. She sighed once she saw them. The other side of the den. She looked at her sleeping mate. Never wake an Alpha when they sleep. She really needednher clothes. She had to wake him somehow.

She kissed his face. He still didn't move. She traced her fingers down his upper body and across his abs. Still the stubborn Alpha didn't move. She sighed. What else can I do? She thought. 'Touch his ears.' her wolf said. She smiled and thanked her wolf. She lightly touched his large ear. He began to stir. She kept doing this. Her task was coming together.

She stopped when she heard him growl softly. So the big bad Alpha Male growls like a child in his sleep. She thought. She gave up and layed back down next to him. She put her arm over his stomach and fell back asleep.

***

It was late in afternoon when they both woke. No one dared to disturb them while they slept. Everyone knew that if they came out of thier den, they'd be awake. "We slept long my little mate." Steele groans. "We did indeed my Alpha Male." She says. He placed a quick kiss on her lips. "I can't wait until he is born." Steele says. Zelda looked at him. "How can you be so sure its a male?" She asked. "Oh I just know. In every Alpha family, a male is always born for some reason." He says.

"And what if its a girl?" Zelda asks. She quickly put her clothes on. He put on his clothes too. Well whatever was there they wore. "Then she will be the first Alpha female of a pack." He told her. She smiled and looked at the lump forming.

"I love you so much my male." She tells him. She looks at her. "Love is strong my darling. And I love you too." He says and kisses her before they begin thier second course of nature.