Chapter Eight

Auria's POV

I woke up to a knock from the door so I turned lazily rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. "Come in" I say sitting up as the door pushed open and Genevieve walks in.

"Good morning dear, I just wanted to know if you would come down for breakfast?" she asks and I gave her a hesitant nod then she smiled at me before leaving.

I honestly didn't want to go down there to be faced with that man but I somehow felt like I didn't have a choice and he was being nice to me if that was what nice is, maybe because it was my first day here and what if he didn't like that I said I was afraid of him I wanted to be truthful because I didn't want him to hit me if I lied.

Ugh... I don't know why being hit bothers me I've been getting abused for as long as I know why would him hitting me now be any different.

I got out of bed walking to the bathroom and doing my business before washing my hands and splashing cold water on my face. I put my hair in a loose messy bun and walked out going downstairs remembering my way to the dinning room from yesterday.

I soon got there to be met with Alejandro moving stuff around but who I was looking for wasn't in sight. I took a seat at the table and was getting pancakes before Genevieve came rushing to me making me put my hands up to over my face in case anything dropping the dish from my hand in the process.

She stopped in her tracks looking surprise and I quickly got on my knees picking up the broken pieces of the plate. "Please leave it dear, I'll do it" she says but I didn't listen not until a pair of shoes stopped in front of me making me freeze.

"Drop it and stand up" he says demandingly but he didn't sound angry which was confusing. I obey his orders immediately letting go of the broken dish and stood up still not looking at his face. As the pieces fell to the ground once more.

I could tell he was still looking at me before he spoke "please get her fed and then clean this up" he say "right away, mr. Vaughn" Genevieve says walking me to the far end of the table and I took my seat playing with the end of the large shirt I was wearing.

Minutes after she lay in front of me a plate of pancakes and eggs another with fresh fruits and another with cheese sticks and crackers along with apple juice and water, don't get me wrong this was nice and all but I can't eat this much the most I could eat was two pancakes and water. I've not been eating much in so long and I couldn't start now.

He took a seat on the opposite side of where I was sitting and Genevieve served him and he starts eating. I really didn't want to be disrespectful so I tried my hardest to eat as much food as I could hold in.

After I ate more than half the food I felt nauseous so I stood running from the table back to my room as quickly as possible heading to the bathroom and got everything out my stomach and down the toilet before he walks in with Genevieve behind him.

He just stood there in the door way watching me as I sat there. I shakily stood walking to the sink and brushing my teeth with the toothbrush Genevieve left me yesterday along with the clothes.

I walk to him and he step sideways and I walk to the room. I got on the bed and sat pulling my knees to my chest. "Give us a minute will you" he says and Genevieve walks away as I started to sob silently he's gonna hit me for wasting food. Once the door closes he took slow strides toward me and here it comes.... I was waiting for the impact of the hit but it never came instead he spoke the unexpected words.

"Are you okay little one?" he asks concern lacing his voice and I took my chances to look up at him with my tears still running down my face and his eyes looks so soft and gentle. He came closer and I pushed back on the bed, I could clearly see the hurt in his eyes amongst other emotions. Why is he looking at me like this and why does he feel hurt by my actions maybe he is being genuine... or maybe not..

"I won't hurt you, I just wanna sit here " he says and I nod so that's what he did sitting at the edge of the bed not too close to me but close enough where I could tell he has tiny freckles on the left side of his very structured face just under his eyes.

"Wanna tell me why you're crying?" he asks and I decided to be truthful, not that I've every lied to him or anything but you get it. "I can't eat alot I suppose I have an eating disorder and I didn't want to seem ungrateful for what she gave me so I tried to eat it and I'm really sorry I wasted-" I was ranting still crying before he cuts me off "don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong and please don't ever feel like you need to do anything you don't want to " he say shocking me and a stared blankly at him.

"This is really hard but I want to explain something " he says sighing "I know something is wrong somewhere, and I also know that because you don't trust me you won't tell me, but when I find out what this is I will end whatever or whoever caused it" he tells me in a meaningful and serious tone.

I don't get it why is he like this with me and why does he want to know about my past so much. I mean I myself is not over it as yet and I'm still indecisive about the fact that I want a future. But he has something about him that makes me believe his words but I still can't seem to come to terms with the fact that I can trust him not to hurt me or to come clean with him about my past.

I don't know how to feel about all this I mean he never did anything wrong to me and I was confused about that really, I thought I was here to serve whatever purpose but all I did was eat and sleep and cry. And this man that I still know nothing about was being super nice to me for some reason. I bet if and when he finds out the truth about me he's gonna throw me out of his house in a heartbeat or better he would pick up right where Harvey left off.

"I-I'm sorry for last night I didn't mean to get you upset" I tell him remembering the reason I cried myself to sleep. "I wasn't upset with you baby, I was upset because of the fact you don't seem to be comfortable around me and that you're scared" he says looking into my eyes.

"I don't know how to prove that I'll never hurt you in anyway you're very precious and I see something in you" he says once more but I just kept quiet listening to what he has to say, he seems so sweet and all these nicknames he's been calling me makes my inside flutter with butterflies.

"What's your name?" I found myself asking being the curious brat "Zaiden " he says softly and I nod. "Please don't cry little one, you're all good and safe okay?" he says and I do feel safe, strange I've never felt this way before but some how being here does not feel like the hell I thought it would be. "I'll go get you some clothes so you can have a shower alright " he says standing and I simply smile at him before he walks out.

Feelings, emotions, warmth, notion everything inside me felt light and free. I have no idea why I want to believe him, scratch that I do believe him and why I don't know. I think his words are really genuine and something about them seems true. He seems to really care or else why did he rush up here like that, ugh I could be over thinking this but I'll believe what good I can...You only see that so much in people these days...

_______________________________________________

A//n

I'm sorry for the late update guys I wasn't quite feeling well but here's one for yah😊

Hope you enjoy💙💛

Love you butterflies 🦋🦋😇

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤