Chapter Seven

Zaiden's POV

Hours had passed with me sitting on the chair in my office. I mean I couldn't bluge the thought of the girl she looks so innocent and usually I wasn't the type of person that would run to everyone's rescue but there's something about her that I can't quite get my finger on.

I know Harvey was lying saying she was his daughter because I know everything there is to know about that man and he only has one child that was Olivia Stone so what was she doing in that place?

The minute she walked out I wanted to grab her and tell her that she's safe with me. She looks so soft and gentle but also scared. I remember Harvey saying her name is Auria, such a beautiful name.

She was so frail and fragile back at his place I knew something was wrong and I wasn't that heartless to leave her behind.

I know I haven't brought any girl here before but since she was gonna stay I had to make sure that she was somewhere safe and away from the public's eye. None of that was guaranteed in the pent house because I've always had girls in and out of there and having one girl practical living there would raise havoc and give my enemies something to do.

Ugh, For fuck sake why do I feel like I need to protect her.

She could be just like any other female out there. she could literally be thinking I'm some evil mastermind who's out to get her also from what I can tell but here I am thinking about her none stop and having her living in my house.

I want to know the truth about her and if that's the last thing I do then so be it.

I stood from my chair walking out my office closing and locking the door behind me. Heading out and up the stairs my mind was clouded with thoughts of this one angel like girl with her short but curvy figure and her perfectly straight hair and those mesmerizing eyes I couldn't refuse once I looked into them. I bet she would fit perfectly in my arms, I'd just cuddle her and let her know that I'll always be here for her.

Once I came to my senses I realized I was standing at the Berlin's room door. I slowly opened it and walk in to see her silently and cozily sleeping with a book in her hand. She looks so peaceful and adorable I just want to love on her literally.

She let's out a sigh and a small smile made it's way onto my lips. After admiring her I slowly walked out and softly closed the door behind me walking down the hall to my room.

I got in and got a quick shower as it was almost 6pm, and time for dinner. I wash my body and my hair getting out and drying myself leaving my hair to air dry doing some hygiene thingy and walking out and to my closet, I got underwear on and simple grey sweat pants and a purple hoodie.

 I wash my body and my hair getting out and drying myself leaving my hair to air dry doing some hygiene thingy and walking out and to my closet, I got underwear on and simple grey sweat pants and a purple hoodie

After I got dressed I headed downstairs and to the dining room taking my seat at the head of the table as it was just 5:50 everything was set out already so I was just waiting for Auria to come down.

A minute passed and my phone started ringing, I pulled it from my pocket to see it was Valentina. We don't work on Saturdays so I have no idea what she wanted this time of day.

"What's the problem? " I picked up asking "Zaiden, uhm... Can I come over?" she asked "is there something you need?" I answer with a question "acutally yes" she says and I raised my brow in confusion as Edith walked in the room with Auria following behind her "I want you Zaiden...please" she says as I wasn't answering her instead I was watching how Auria's figure just fits in my clothes perfectly and her hair was in a messy bun at the top of her head she looks adorable.

"...can you do this for me?" was the last thing I heard from all her ranting "look, I've already warned you about your stupid demanding ways Valentina, we have no relation whatever we did was just for fun and pleasing my needs now if you'll excuse me" I say hanging up to see Auria staring at me and the minute I look at her she turns away and lower her head making me sigh.

Genevieve came and served our meals and we ate in silence with me occasionally glancing at her. She is absolutely beautiful and I feel like she has a troubled past that's weighing on her, I will find out soon enough what happened whether she tells me willingly or I have to force it out of her.

She took a drink from her water and I had to wonder if she's scared of me I mean I know I look unwelcoming and harsh but is it that bad?

I stopped eating for a while; just watching her confuses me, she's like a puzzle I was dying to put together. She hadn't said anything since we left Harvey's place I can't help but think that she was helpless. Really where did Harvey find her and why didn't she protest against coming with me, this was strange as fuck.

She has been super cautious and obedient and has never tried to run away. I'm sure she feels like I'm gonna hurt her but I would never do that. But why is she like this was the question, most girls her age are usually partying and getting wasted all the time, but her age? I don't even know anything about her.

"What's your full name little one?" I decided to blurt out causing her to stop eating but still wouldn't look at me I could only wonder why "Auria Nailey Grayson" she says softly and god her voice was as smooth as silk making me look Like I wanted to devour her and honestly I do.

"And how old are you Auria?" I asked desperate to know what I can. "Twenty-two" she says lowly playing with what food she has on her plate. "Do you know why you're here?" I asked curiously "Harvey said something about owing you" she says setting her fork on the plate and resting her hands on her lap.

"He owes me a lot of money, and I guess he thought you were worth that, I'm gonna be honest with you here because I don't want you to ever think that of yourself okay?" I say and she nods so I continue "I only took you because I had a bad feeling about that place and there's no reason they would just offer you up like that... Is there something that I should know about?" I ask being careful with my question and she shook her head furiously saying no which tells me something was definitely wrong but I didn't push her.

"Look at me" I tell her and she hesitantly raised her head now I could see her captivating eyes "be honest, are you afraid of me?" I ask as I watch her chest rise and fall rapidly and she slowly nods making my heart skip a beat and I felt angry.

I decided to let her be and end the conversation as it was really making me mad I'll have to pay Harvey and unexpected visit. "Genevieve!" I call for her and she was here the next minute "clean this up please " I say and stood walking away before her voice stops me "wait, please don't be mad at me I did mean to say that " she apologized seemingly freaking out but I didn't get it she was just being truthful, I was the one who asked her for honesty. I can't with this right now.

I sigh walking away and heading to my room, but before I got my door opened she got in to her room closing the door and I could hear her sobbing but I made the decision to let it go even though I had a really strong urge to go and hold her and tell her it was okay.

I refused and got into my room and went straight to the bathroom brushing my teeth I got my phone calling Valentina telling her to meet me at the pent house and got my keys heading out. Today has been a fucking long ass day and me feeling some weird ass way about Auria I needed to get her and this whole situation out of my mind and Valentina was the key to that success.

________________________________________________

A//n

Kind of a short chapter but I want to make it breathable as the last one was a bit long.

Hope you enjoyed💙💛

Love you butterflies 🦋🦋😇

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤