Chapter 4

Hey guys, I'm trying something new with this chapter- a new point of view.  Tell me if you like it or not, I hope you do!  And I've been getting a lot more readers, but not a lot of comments.  I really do appreciate what you have to say, and since this is my first story, I love hearing from you!  So please remember to comment, fan, and vote!!  

--Hannah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caden’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it hadn’t been for that reliable fortune teller, Carter Stevens wouldn’t even be on my radar.  It was about 4 years ago when I was “power searching”, but I won’t go into the gruesome details of that.  I remember the vision vividly.

Flashback

*I looked into the dying psychic’s eyes and my head began to get fuzzy.  It was that feeling you have when you stand up too quickly.  I felt my consciousness slip as I blacked out.  It was like a dream, only I knew better.  It was my first vision from that old wretch.  All I saw was the most beautiful girl standing outside of a school building.  The power seemed to radiate out of her body.  It was dark out, and nobody was around.  She was in workout clothes, probably going to run around the school track.  She started out slow, jogging around the track slowly, and quickly gained speed.  I could barely see her, she was running so fast.  She must be a super like me.  All of a sudden something went wrong and she stumbled.  If she had been running at a normal speed, she would have been fine, but her speed amplified everything.  Her body twisted in unhealthy angles as she fell to the ground and skidded about 100 meters.  Nobody could have survived that kind of fall.  She laid there, pathetically.  The power I saw radiate off of her was a joke, especially compared to me.  I was about to turn away as I saw her stir.  She stretched her neck and realigned it.  Next, her limbs straightened as they healed simultaneously.  Her cuts sealed and left no indications that they were ever there.  “This can’t be happening,” I thought.  Nobody. I mean NOBODY, besides me of course, has ever had more than one power.  I was furious.  I was the most powerful super EVER, not even this girl could threaten that.  I wouldn’t let it.*

Ever since that day, I’ve been picking up every scrap of information I could find about this girl, well Carter to be exact.  With my powers, it made it easy to follow her.  I memorized her schedules, her friends, and even her powers.  The one place I couldn’t get to was inside of Power Corp- the one place I wanted to go.  

The more and more I learned about Carter, the more I saw the similarities between us.  Besides the obvious power, we were both hiding in plain sight.  We were both raised by an absent father.  Mine, an ignorant, drunk had left me to fend for myself.  Hers tried to be there for her, but it was obvious that he wasn’t everything that she  needed.  “You could be there for her,”  I said to myself.  I shook my head at the thought.  I didn’t care for anyone.  We could work together though.  All I knew was that I needed to get close to her.  

And that’s what brought me to her school on Friday morning.  I followed her to gym, english, and math without revealing that I was there.  She was gorgeous.  “Stop it” I growled to myself.  “This is NOT you.”  But I couldn’t help notice how smart and confident she was.  The bell rang and she was off to Biology.  As she walked past, I almost lost control of my invisibility.  She smelled like the fall: green apples and spice.  It was almost intoxicating.  “Get a hold of yourself! You sound like a stalker,” I yelled truthfully at myself.  But it was true, I was turning into a stalker.  This was getting ridiculous, I had to reveal myself to her.  I had it planned for two weeks.  I spent every waking hour perfecting it.  I even dreamed about it.  My life was consumed with Carter Stevens.