Satori Tendo// HAIKYUU

i forgot about this book-🙂

"He's really creepy."

"Yeah, I know right..."

Two boys was assigned to put all the balls inside the closet. Y/n was about to walk in and say something to them, but she said she wasn't gonna get into trouble today.

Y/n went to the practice's that was held for kids the age of 8-11. She was the oldest there. It was normal for her to hear the other kids say mean things about the boy with the red hair, and eyes. They called him a monster for having those natural features.

But Y/n didn't think that way. She thought his hair and eyes was very pretty. But she couldn't find the time to tell him that. She'd watch him as he played. His guess blocks was really his specialty. Even she couldn't pinpoint where the spiker would hit.

"I don't wanna play on teams with the monster anymore.." Y/n heard another bully running his mouth.

She had enough. "Stop calling him a monster!" She pointed at the two whispering boys. "He's a normal human being, just like the rest of us! He has a beating hear, flowing blood, and a human mind... your the real monsters here!" Y/n said her peace and ran off to find Tendo.

Tendo was outside with a stick in his hand. just drawing random shapes in the dirt. He could hear faint footsteps behind him. "Um... Tendo..?" Y/n shyly said his name.

It was nice.

It was nice to hear his name. Instead of monster.

He slowly turned his head to look at her. And bam.

She was being looked at by his beautiful red orbs. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

Tendo nodded. He went back to drawing in the dirt with his stick.

"Y'know, I'm not scared of you. I think your cool." Y/n began to talk.

"....You do?"

"Mh! Like the way how you block the spikes! How do you do that!? If I tried, I'd get it wrong and get spiked in the face!" Y/n slapped her face with her hand.

Tendo giggled silently. "I could... I could teach you how I do it... o-only if you want me to.."

"Really? I-"

"Y/n! What are you doing next to the monster! Move, or he'll eat you!" More bullies came and pulled Y/n's arm. Yanking her from by Tendo. The redhead just frowned and went back to drawing.

"Stop calling him that." Y/n didn't yell this time. She had a cold look on her face. It drove a cold shiver up the bullies spine. "If you do it again... I'll break your hand so you wont be able to play volleyball anymore." Without the bully knowing, Y/n moved her hand and attached it tightly on his wrist and started to squeeze.

"O-Ow! Stop!" He tried to pry her hand off. but it was no good.

"Stop calling him names."

"Okay! J-Just please let my hand go!"

Y/n released his hand and he fell on his butt. She looked down on him with the coldest look she ever wore in her life.

"Sorry about that." She went and sat herself next to Tendo again.

"Don't worry about it. I'm used to it." He shrugged.

"Will you shouldn't be! Your not a monster! You have a heart, flowing blood, and emotions! Just like the rest of us... you.... your different than the people I've met. But a good different. Never in my life, not once, have I seen someone like you. You have strong willpower. And you shake off the bullies like its nothing."

"..Thanks." Tendo said. "Nobody stuck up for me before. Your the first."

"That's okay. From this day forth, I, Y/n L/n, declare that I will always be by your side!"