Brighter

I was awoken by the sound of the TV. I steadily opened my eyes letting the light flood in. I winced at the contrast and sat up. It took a moment for my eyes to focus and when they did I saw Dan on the sofa staring aimlessly at the TV screen. The light flickered and a chill shot down my spine. I felt like I was in a horror movie. I looked behind me at the blue wall. My room was white except from one wall which was painted an electronic blue. The floor was wooden. Against the blue wall stood my black framed bed with lots of black, blue and orange pillows. The duvet was the same color as the wall. I always thought my room looked a bit boyish but I was a tomboy and it was how I liked it. My room was a large 'L' shape. Opposite the bed was a big black squishy sofa facing a wall mounted TV with various gaming systems lined up below it. On the blue wall hung a row of blue and orange christmas lights with Polaroid pictures clipped in between the bulbs. The wall adjacent to the blue wall was covered in posters of my favorite YouTubers and bands. Among the posters were many tickets from the various bands I had been to see. Paramore and All time low. You me at six and fall out boy.

I glanced back at Dan who was now stood at the end of the bed smiling at me.

"Jesus Christ you scared me!" I jumped right out of my skin.

"Sorry J. I couldn't sleep so I got up and there's some chocolate croissants warming in the oven." He said tiredly. His eyes were bruised with fatigue just like when I was in hospital. His brown eyes weren't bloodshot though, they were glossy and chocolatey just how they should be. He walked over to me and sat on the bed.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked.

"Um...it's Friday so probably go to college and then get wasted at some house party."

"Oh yeah. I thought it was Saturday." He laughed. I rolled out of bed and walked over to my drawer and pulled out a baggy gray jumper.

"Does this say I don't give a fuck I don't want to be here?" I said holding the jumper out to Dan.

"Yeah if you wear black ripped jeans with it." He smiled.

"Perfect." I grinned. I slipped into the clothes and grabbed a croissant out of the oven.

****

On the way to college me and Dan had a rock out to fall out boy, we head bopped our way to looking absolutely ridiculous to oncoming traffic but we didn't really care.

Now that Charlie is locked up and Harper is out of our face I feel like I can do anything. I feel for once in my life that it is actually worth living. I have the most gorgeous boyfriend in the world, I have the most amazing and hilarious best friend and a really nice mate called Bella who looks out for me!

As we walked into college it hit me how pretty much everyone has seen me naked and knows that I cut and have attempted suicide. I bit my lip and made my way into the locker room.

"Hey girl!" I heard Tyler's voice chirp behind me.

"Hey boyfriend!" I laughed as I high five him.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Well, I woke up with a pounding headache, it's school and everyone's seen me naked." I sighed.

"Well they know that you were raped." He said putting his arm over my shoulder.

"They better." I walked down the hall with Tyler until I saw Harper pinning Jessie's boyfriend against the wall and snogging him in front of Jessie. Jessie is in my year, she's quite a sporty girl and she always wears track shorts and a fluorescent colored crop top. She had long 'bum length' honey blonde hair that she usually tied back in a sleek high ponytail and pretty blue eyes. She was dating a boy in the rugby team called Owen, Owen was a well built guy with short black hair and hazel eyes. By the looks of things Owen didn't mind Harper pinning him down and playing tonsil tennis in front of Jessie so I gave Jessie a sympathetic look.

After lunch I walked down the yard with Dan and Tyler and yet again saw Harper snogging another guy up against the wall. This time it was Liv's boyfriend, Kyle. Liv was on of the popular girls, she was tall and curvy and had brown wavy hair. She always wore the sluttiest outfits from short skirts and crop tops to thigh high body con dresses. She had full red lips that really exhentuated her tanned skin. Kyle was a tall boy with blond curly hair and greeny blue eyes. Harper pushed her head against Kyles and I glimpsed his hand going 'down under' her short skirt.

I walked past Harper and she stuck her leg out and tripped me over, luckily Tyler caught me before I face planted the hot concrete.

"She's such a slag!" I shouted at her.

"I know right." Tyler giggled in reply.

Tyler, Dan and I walked off to the gates.

"See you later then Tyler!" I called as I walked up to the apartment with Dan.

"See you!" He cheerfully replied. I unlocked the apartment door and stepped inside.

"Jade I'm going to my mate Jordan's in about 5 minutes, will you be okay on your own?" Dan kissed my cheek softly.

"Don't worry about me!" I smiled.

"See you later baby." He spun me round and kissed my lips on his way out.