Mother and daughter

"Kyoko, open your eyes," said a female voice that felt familiar to Kyoko. "Listen to your mother now!"

"Mother?" Kyoko said weakly as she slowly opened her eyes to see a lavender haired woman sitting beside her. Kyoko's eyes widened. "Mum, it's you!"

"Yes, it's me," Mrs Kirigiri sighed.

Kyoko darted her eyes across the room, and she noticed she was in a white hospital room and lying in a bed. Kyoko tried to move her body, but she couldn't. She felt weak.

"Where am I?" Kyoko asked. "Why are you here?"

"You are in heaven, sweetie," Mrs Kirigiri. "I'm here to see you again."

"Heaven?" Kyoko replied, alarmed. "But I can't be I was-"

"Giving birth," Mrs Kirigiri said, finishing off the sentence. "Don't worry. All three kids were delivered safely."

"That's good," Kyoko replied as she stared at the ceiling. She tried to move her arms, but she couldn't. "Why can't I move my body?"

"Because you are still weak from the birthing process," Mrs Kirigiri replied.

"Get the babies and husband out of here!" The doctor said as his voice echoed around the room. "Someone get me the in here now!"

"No!" Makoto said with determination in his voice. "I don't want to leave Kyoko's side. I know she can come back to the kids and me. Kyoko, you can't give up!"

"Makoto," Kyoko said, stunned as she felt a tiny bit of energy flow through her body. "I-I need to get back to him!"

Kyoko tried to move her arms again, but this time she managed to move them, and she saw her hands, and it shocked her.

"My hands they are pure?" Kyoko said, confused as she noticed the wedding ring on her ring finger.

"Yes," Mrs Kirigiri said. "Any damage we received to our bodies vanish once we reach heaven. Kyoko, I'm so happy to see you once again. To see you all grown up made me proud. But you do not belong here... Not yet anyway."

"Can I go back?" Kyoko asked.

"That is your choice," Mrs Kirigiri replied.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Kyoko said, looking confused.

"I know how much you have missed me. My death was a big blow to you. But here we are reunited. What do you desire more? Being reunited with me, or being with your husband and the kids?"

"I want both," Kyoko replied.

"You know you can't have both," Mrs Kirigiri replied.

"Kyoko, wake up!" Makoto shouted. "Please come back to us! I need you. No, we need you! The triplets will want a cool mum who is a detective!"

"Makoto," Kyoko said softly. She began to think about him and the kids, then suddenly she felt lots of energy shooting through her body. "What is happening?" Kyoko sat up with ease, and she no longer felt weak.

"Makoto has sent you his energy, the power of love is a strong thing indeed," Mrs Kirigiri smiled. "You know, for a man who is so simple and plain, he sure is a gem."

"Makoto is a great man," Kyoko replied. "Sometimes, I feel like I'm not worthy of being his partner. Yes, he might be plain, but he has a heart of gold, and he doesn't have a single bit of hate in his body. He even managed to get the coldest of people in our class to warm up."

"You two have a strong and loving bond," Mrs Kirigiri said as her smile began to fade. "Kyoko, I will ask again, what do you desire more, staying here with me or going back to your family for a second chance?"

Kyoko closed her eyes. "I want to go back to my family." A tear ran down her face. "But I don't want to leave you!"

"Kyoko, it's fine," Mrs Kirigiri smiled once again. "We will meet again. Promise me one thing."

Kyoko opened her eyes to look at her mother. "What is it?"

"Look after your father for me," Mrs Kirigiri said, putting her head down. "Jin hasn't recovered fully from me dying. I've noticed how he speaks about me with a tint of sadness in his voice. Hopefully, the grandkids will take his mind off me."

"Mother, my father will never forget you," Kyoko said. "He kept that promise to you regarding your wedding ring."

"I noticed," Mrs Kirigiri said as she put her head back up to look at the ring on Kyoko's finger. "I want to see him again, but not right now. I can wait for another 40 or 50 years."

"Right, people stand back!" The doctor said. "Clear!"

Kyoko felt her body jump. "Wait! What was that?"

"That must be the defibrillator at work," Mrs Kirigiri. "I think it's time for you to go back."

"No!" Kyoko said as her eyes widened. "I want to spend more time with you. I-I don't want to lose you again!"

Mrs Kirigiri leaned over and hugged her daughter. "Kyoko," she whispered. "Go back. You have a family waiting for you. As I've said before, we will meet again."

"Mum," Kyoko said as she began to cry. "I'm sorry."

"Shhh, it's ok," Mrs Kirigiri said calmly. "I will continue to watch you as I've done for the last ten years. You've made me proud, Kyoko."

"Mum, I love you!" Kyoko said as she felt her body jump again.

"I love you too, Kyoko. Tell your father I will always love him. Now go!"

Kyoko began to vanish as Mrs Kirigiri held onto nothing. A tear escaped from the older woman's eye. "Makoto Naegi, please look after my daughter. I beg of you!"

The realm of the living

Makoto watched on as the doctor did everything he could to bring Kyoko back alive. The father of three was in tears. He hated what he sight before him.

"Makoto Naegi, please look after my daughter. I beg of you!" Said a random female's voice that echoed around the room. But it appeared only Makoto heard it.

"Huh, who was that?" Makoto asked. Then he heard the heartbeat monitor producing a heartbeat.

"Doctor, we have a pulse!" The nurse said relief.

"KYOKO!" Makoto shouted in joy as he rushed up to the bed.

Kyoko opened her eyes to see her husband in tears. "Makoto," she said weakly. "I'm sorry for scaring you there."

"Kyoko..." Makoto sobbed. "I-"

"Shhh," Kyoko said weakly. "Let me rest for a few minutes. Then we can go see and our babies."

Meanwhile, the doctor and nurses look at the heart rate monitor and Kyoko's heart was good and healthy.

"I will inform the family of the news," the doctor said. "But we will need to run a few tests to ensure you are 100% before we can let you leave the hospital, Mrs Naegi. Regarding the triplets, some of the nurses are cleaning them up and are running a few tests to ensure everything is ok. You will get to see the triplets soon."

"That's fine," Kyoko replied.

The doctor and nurses left the room to give Makoto and Kyoko a few minutes to themselves.

Thank you for reading.

I DON'T OWN ANYTHING.