First ultrasound

A few weeks had passed since the family reunion, and Kyoko was now six weeks pregnant. She and Makoto were in class, but they weren't going to be in class for the whole day. The couple had their first ultrasound screening during lunch.

The other members of the class began to notice the slight changes in Kyoko. But none of them dared to ask Kyoko why she had appeared to put on weight.

As the bell rang to signal lunchtime, Makoto and Kyoko gathered their things and walked out of the room. A few seconds later, the teacher followed suit.

"Hmm, those two were keen to get out of class," Celestia said.

"I know right," Leon replied. "Those two have been acting odd."

"Odd doesn't cut it," Taka said. "First, the two were sick at different weeks. Now it seems Kyoko has put on weight, and Makoto has stuck very close to her."

"Maybe something bad has happened?" Chihiro said. "And Kirigiri has been struggling to cope, and it has led her to eat a lot more."

"Ok, that would explain her gaining weight," Aoi said. "But why would Naegi be close to her?"

"Duh!" Junko said, bored. "It's because Naegi is the only one that Kirigiri trusts, plus the two like each other, so it's easy for Naegi to be as close as he is."

Sayaka gathered her stuff and put it into her bag. Then she left the class with Byakuya following her.

"Maizono," Byakuya said.

Sayaka paused, and she turned around, but she soon rolled her eyes. "Togami, what do you want?"

"You know what I want," he replied calmly. "The truth, what is going between Naegi and Kirigiri."

Before Sayaka got a chance to answer, her phone began to ring. She took it out of her bag and looked at the screen. She sighed in anger as she answered the call. "Hello, you better have a good reason to be calling me!"

Byakuya watched on as he saw Sayaka's facial expression turn very dark.

"What!" Sayaka said, alarmed as she turned away from Byakuya. "I give you one simple job, and you failed to do that! You know what? That is the last straw. You're sacked. Why on earth did I hire you as my PA when you can't do the basic tasks! Delete this number or else!"

Sayaka ended the call. She let out a massive sigh. "Honestly, you can't get the staff these days. Now Togami, you were asking?" She turned around to see Byakuya had vanished.

30 minutes later

Makoto and Kyoko were sitting in the backseat of Fuhito's car. The young couple was nervous as this would be the first time they would get to see their child.

"Kyoko, let me know when you two are done, I expect the car park will full as usual, so I will take this time to do a bit of shopping," Fuhito said.

"Well, do grandfather," Kyoko said as she looked at the window.

"I'm glad we changed into normal clothing," Makoto said.

Kyoko turned her head to look at Makoto. "Why? People will still look at us because we are young."

"I know, but I think it would cause more of a scene if we did go to the hospital in our school uniform."

"Hmm, I suppose you have a point there. If people do look or talk about us, it's best if we ignored them."

"I know," Makoto sighed. "I can't wait to see my child." Makoto's face grew a small smile.

"I can't wait as well," Kyoko returned the smile.