Telling the father

A week had passed since Kyoko had learned she was pregnant. Makoto was back at the school after spending a week away aboard.

Kyoko knew she had to tell Makoto, but she was ill, and she hadn't gone to class since she learned she was pregnant. She had been stuck in bed pretty much most of the time, and she would only adventure out of her dorm room to grab something to eat.

Kyoko was lying on her bed, rubbing her belly as she feared for her future. She had no idea was she was going to do, and she wasn't ready to tell Makoto and seeing his reaction.

There was a knock on Kyoko's door, and she froze. "Is...is that Naegi?"

Kyoko slowly got up and walked over to the door, and slowly opened it. "Father?" She said, horrified. Jin was the last person she wanted to see right now.

"Hello Kyoko," Jin said with concern in his voice. "The teacher from your class has told me that you've been ill for the best part of a week. So I thought I come to check up on you."

"I'm fine," Kyoko lied. "A bug has brought me down, that's all. I feel good, and I will make class tomorrow."

"Hmm, very well, but I must admit, you looked horrified when you saw me. Your face always remains stoic. Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yes, I wasn't expecting to see you, that's all."

"Ok, but if you're still not 100%, do not hesitate to come to me, and I will take you to the hospital."

Kyoko wanted to close her eyes in shame, but she knew if she becomes uncharacteristic, then her father will know something is indeed wrong.

"I'm fine!" Kyoko said firmly. "Can you please leave? I was in the middle of reading a book."

"Ok, ok, I'm leaving," Jin said and walked away.

Kyoko closed the door and leaned her back against the door, and slid down. She began to shake her head in defeat.

Next day

Makoto walked into the class, and he was met with smiles from a few of his classmates.

"Naegi, my bro," Mondo said. "How was the holiday?"

"Owada is was great. Spending time with the family means a lot to me," Makoto replied.

"Did you met any hot birds?" Hiro asked.

Byakuya shook his head. "Yes, I'm sure he was looking at the sky a lot when he was in Australia."

"The sky?" Hiro said, rubbing his head. "Oh no, Togami, I meant did he see any good looking girls. I didn't think your that dumb."

"Dumb!" Byakuya snapped. "You're the dumb one! I was being sarcastic, you moron. Honestly, your only smart enough to clean someone's shoes. I might give you that job one day when I take over the family business."

"I see nothing has changed then?" Makoto sighed.

"Nope," Mondo laughed.

"Well, that's not true," Aoi said. "Kirigiri has been off for the past week."

"Has she?" Makoto replied. "Is she ok?"

"No, she has been ill. There was one-time last week where she ran out of the class holding her mouth."

"Oh," Makoto said, saddened. "I hope she is ok."

"She will be," Byakuya said with a grin. "I'm convinced she got sick because she was missing you."

"Missing me?" Makoto replied, confused. "How can she be missing me? We are only friends."

"Oh, come on, bro!" Mondo said. "She likes you. We can all see it."