Makoto returns to school

Makoto was looking out of the car window as his father was driving him back to school. It was Tuesday evening, and Makoto knew he was in for rough tomorrow morning with his classmates.

"Son," Mr Naegi said.

"Yeah, dad?" Makoto replied as he looked at his father.

"Remember, your mother and I are here for you. If you need someone to talk to, then call us."

"I will, but I think I'm good now," Makoto replied.

"But still remember we are here for you. May I asked what your sister said to you on Friday night? Because your mother and I are puzzled at how Komaru got through to you, but we couldn't."

"All we did was speak about the good time we had and other things," Makoto replied. "Even though Komaru and I becker at each other. But at the end of the day, we are siblings, and we love each other. We will always have each other's backs."

"That's good to hear, although it does upset your mother and me that you'd rather talk to your sister than us."

"Oh, come on, dad," Makoto sighed. "Don't be like that. Komaru said something to me that I didn't realise, and I hated myself because I only thought about myself."

"I see," Mr Naegi said as he pulled up at the school gates. He turned off the engine as he and Makoto got out of the car. Makoto went to the boot and grabbed his suitcase while Mr Naegi watched his son.

"Cheers, Dad," Makoto said, walked to the school gates, then stopped and turned around to face his father. "I will see you and mum in the summer."

"Summer?" Mr Naegi said, surprised. "Do you not plan to come back home?"

"No," Makoto said, shaking his head. "My place is here with Kirigiri and the kids. Those four are the most important people to me right now. I will not leave their sides while I'm here."

Mr Naegi began to smile. He was proud of Makoto. "Well, it looks like your mind has been made up. Remember to phone, ok."

"Oh, don't worry, I will," Makoto replied.

A car approach and parked behind Mr Naegi's car. The back seat opened, and Sayaka got out while she looked at her phone.

"Sayaka Maizono, is that really you?" Mr Naegi said, stunned.

Sayaka froze. "That voice," she whispered as the car she was in moments before drove away. She looked up and saw Mr Naegi standing next to his car. "Mr Naegi!" Sayaka's burst into a big smile. "It's been far too long."

"It has," Mr Naegi smiled in return. "It's great to see you again."

"You too, Mr Naegi. How is Mrs Naegi and Komaru?"

"Ah, we were doing great. Makoto has been telling us you're becoming a pop idol."

"Well, trying to become one," Sayaka replied as she walked over to Makoto. "Your son thinks I will be an idol easily. But I have other girls my age trying to fight for the same dream."

"Ack, you will become one," Mr Naegi said. "We all believe in you."

"Thank you for your kind words," Sayaka said, bowing her head slightly.

"Right, I better head home and grab a shower," Mr Naegi. "It's been nice seeing you again, and do me a favour Maizono."

"Yes?"

"Keep my son out of more trouble if possible."

Sayaka looked at Makoto with a slight smirk. "I'll try, but your son can be very stubborn."