Makoto's week

Makoto was lying in his bedroom. He stared at the ceiling as many thoughts ran through his head. He wished he could go back to sleep. However, he couldn't, the sunlight was creeping into his room, and the noise outside as Komaru was rushing about getting ready for school.

If there was one positive thing, Makoto could take being at home as he had the house to himself as everyone else was out. He looked at his phone to check the time.

"Makoto!" Mrs Naegi shouted from downstairs. "Breakfast is ready."

"Why?" Makoto groaned to himself. He knew his mother had made him breakfast to get him out of bed.

Makoto got out of bed and slowly picked up the plate that he had dinner on from yesterday as soon as Makoto arrived back home yesterday. He headed straight to his room and only left for dinner.

Makoto left his room and headed downstairs into the kitchen to find his mother, not in her working clothes. At the same time, Komaru was sitting at the kitchen table in her school uniform.

"You like crap, brother," Komaru said.

"Komaru, knock it off. This isn't the time," Mrs Naegi said firmly. "Makoto, sit down."

Makoto put his dinner plate into the sink. Then he sat back at the table. "Mum, why aren't you in your work clothes?"

"We are going to spend today together," Mrs Naegi replied as she put a plate of toast down in front of Makoto. "I call my work this morning and booked in a quick holiday."

Makoto let out a sigh of displeasure.

"Son, if you think you were going to have this house to yourself for most of the day. You are clearly mistaken."

Makoto ignored her and looked at Komaru. "Hey sis, this could be you in a year."

"Ha! If you think I'm going to do something stupid as in getting myself pregnant, then you are sadly mistaken," Komaru replied. "Dad would flip out."

"You were always his little princess," Makoto smirked.

Komaru narrowed her eyes at her older brother. "Yeah, well, you are mum's baby boy."

Makoto's smirk left his face, and he narrowed his eyes at Komaru.

"Knock it off, you two, seriously!" Mrs Naegi sighed as she sat down at the table. "Now then, Makoto, we are going out today to the shopping."

"Fine!" Makoto groaned.

An hour later

Makoto and his mother were in a supermarket buying the weekly shopping. The pair hadn't spoken much. Makoto wasn't really focused on the trip, and he mostly thought about Kyoko and the triplets.

Until he and his mother came across the clothes area of the supermarket, and Makoto stumbled upon babies clothing.

He froze for a few seconds. Then he began to look at the clothes.

"They look nice," Mrs Naegi said.

"Yeah, they do," Makoto said as he looked at the price tag. "Argh! How am I meant to afford this?"

Mrs Naegi quickly pulled Makoto away from the clothes area. That is the last thing she needed was Makoto looking at price tags of particular baby stuff.

However, luck wasn't on her side as she pulled Makoto into the baby aisle for nappies, baby food and other baby products.

"Oh, come on! Look at the prices of some of this stuff!" Makoto said, horrified.

"Makoto, you need to stop looking at the prices!" Mrs Naegi said sharply. "I pulled you away from the school so your brain wouldn't think about the future!"