Chapter 28

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕;𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝟐𝟖

Mirae decided to skip school to continue the school works and projects which she hasn't been able to complete due to the mess she was stuck on for a few days.

She still decided to go to work since her payday was coming soon.
"Thank you for visiting "mirae says as she bows to the customer.

"The top floor is empty right?" Jihoon asks

"Yea,why?"

"Someone has made a reservation for 8 . Make sure the whole floor is ready" He says as she replies with an ok

Since it was already 7:30, she cleaned up the top floor.

Not soon after,cheers and muffles could never heard from the door

"Our reservation for top floor please?"
Someone asks and Mirae turns around giving them a smile

"Its all clean. I will bring the menu while you guys can have a seat" She says.

"Chayeong-ah!it's your birthday. Come inside fast"
One of them say as Mirae internally curses herself

'Why tf even is she here?'

○○○○○○
Mirae avoided the top floor as much as she could.

Jay had entered the restaurant about 5 minutes ago and was looking for Mirae since then .

"Excuse me, you are needed in the top floor" one of her coworkers say as she gives a frustrated nod

Walking up the first thing she sees in Jay in front of Chayeong while Chayeong had rose in her hand.

"Jay,it was always you and me from the beginning. Why don't we make it official now so that others cannot come in between" Chayeong confesses as she highlights the last part and side eyeing the girl ,knowing well of what was happening.

The girl stayed quiet.
"Can you get us strawberry milkshake each? Romance is in the air so why not?" One of them say as everyone started laughing as their attention drifted towards the person and Mirae.

Jay widened his eyes not knowing she was here.
"S-sure"she says before leaving but soon is held by a hand on the wrist.

"Since you already saw what happened,atleast watch what I have got to say"Jay pleads while the girl has no option than to nod

"Chayeong,we have been friends since we were kids. I used to adore our friendship and whatever is going on between us can be nothing more than that" He says while everyone becomes silent

"I have only liked one person in my life who I still like alot and that person isn't you,it's her. It was Mirae all along" He says,pulling Mirae close

"But Jay,what about us? I thought the only one you loved was me and-and you wouldn't fall in love with anyone else" Chayeong says as she gritting her teeth and let her tears fall

"Well then I lost. It was a stupid statement from a nine year old what do you expect? I can't stop my feelings because of that stupid bet." Jay continues by pulling Mirae closer.

"Why can't it be me? What's so special in you? I tried so hard to make Jay fall for me. What did you do to him." She glares at Mirae before slipping it all out.

Before Mirae could say anything ,Jay pulls her behind her.

"This,this is the exact reason why I don't like you. I tried to ignore everything,from the way you manipulated me to the way you gave mocking remarks to her just because you are my friend and again I adore our friendship. But in a friendship,there is a boundary and you manage to cross it every time.

I thought you would fucking change after I tell you the truth but you managed to prove me wrong. Because of you I was not myself for days and even came to the point I would loose my friends,myself and Mirae but you still dissapointed me Chayeong.
This is the end of our friendship"
He says before getting out of the room along with Mirae.

He pulls her outside to see his friends standing and smiling at him

"OHO JAY MY BOY"Jake shouts as he and Niki try to hug him

"Oh my god no stop-"Jay says pushing the two away which resulted into the rest laughing

"I think he needs some time alone with her"Jungwon says as they all let the two have their moment.