Chapter Thirty-Nine

(Your Pov)

A few days had passed since that night with Loki. Nothing colossal had happened since, which was both relieving and nerve wracking. You could only wait for the next thing to happen... surely it had been months since the last event. No doubt your charge was beginning to go past the limits of anything you've ever seen before.

But... you could only wait until it happened. Doing bad things on purpose never worked.

Nevertheless, it had almost been peaceful with nothing catastrophic going on. Besides the occasional team dinners, of course. Still, it had been a few days of peace. Which may have been why Loki decided that now would be the best time to explain two things. Firstly, that the three of you- Loki, you, and Thor- would be going to Asgard.

"Asgard?" Was all you could say, as the two of you stood in the hallway as he announced his grand plan. "Now?"

"Well no, not now exactly. Tomorrow morning. The team has already approved, and-"

"The team knew?"

"Yes." He paused, trying to take in your reaction. "Unless soon is not the best time? I promised I would take you, I thought you'd like the surprise?"

"No! Of course now is perfect- it's just, I guess I didn't expect to be leaving so soon."

"We could always postpone it."

"Not if you already told everyone." You grasped his hands in yours. "I'd love to go to Asgard with you. Besides, it's about time I talked to my uncle. Maybe he can clear some things up." From what you had heard, Heimdal was a good friend to Thor and Loki. It did surprise you however that he never mentioned you to them... they had no idea he even had a niece, or a brother for that matter.

"Uncle?" Thor's voice called from down the hall, as he approached the two of you. As the God of thunder and whatnot, you were surprised he could still hear that well.

"Thor! Did you hear we're going to Asgard?" You asked him, glancing between him and Loki. For some reason the two of them seemed to be having a glaring match, in which you attempted to break up.

"I did, Lady Sigyn. I'm sure mother and father will love you." Thor said, smiling like it was the best news he's heard. Ever since the reveal that you're Asgardian, Thor's been calling you your birth name. Apparently it was the 'official' thing to do.

Wait-

"What?" You gasp, "I'm going to meet your parents- Your royal parents? Not that you're not royal, but-" The king and queen? Of another realm? That you may or may not have been smuggled from?

"That was the other thing." Loki smiled guiltily, although he seemed genuinely happy about it. "I'll be there with you the whole way, of course."

"Well as long as you're there." You smirk back at him, trying to keep your head over all of this. Then it dawned on you. "I have to go pack!"

*

(Loki's Pov)

As Y/N- or Sigyn, technically, rushed off to go pack, Loki was left in the hallway with his brother. He was planning to go pack himself, or perhaps help Y/N with hers.

"She is quite a catch." Thor said before Loki could escape this conversation. "You're lucky."

"I know," He responded, eyeing the door she disappeared into before sighing. "I do not want to lose her again."

"Then don't." Loki glanced at his brother- whom had much more experience in this area then he did. "Keep her, and protect her with your life. She will live just as long as you, you know."

Loki nodded. With all of this going on... He had been contemplating his future much more lately. And despite all of his past beliefs-

He couldn't see a future without you.

"I just- How do I know if she's the one?" Loki whispered to Thor, being vulnerable for one of the rare times in his life.

"You will." He smiled, placing a firm, reassuring hand on his brother's back. He chuckled a tad at this whole situation, starting to head off back down the hall again. "You will."

(A/N: Yes I'm so sorry I know this is a short chapter and it's been awhile since I've updated I'm so sorry- but thank you all so much for sticking this out with me! Thanks for reading!)