Chapter Six

(A/N: This is a longer chapter to make up for not posting for a few days. Sorry for the delay! )

You finally arrived back at your apartment after the long night. Of course, you had made sure to drop off donations to your chosen charities as always, but you were still exhausted.

It was your tradition. After every heist, whether a hundred dollars or a few thousand, that you donate at least half to your chosen charities. You didn't exactly know why, just that you've always been doing it. It was... You just had to.

So, you finally arrived at your apartment. As you entered, almost instantly you were greeted by a certain sprinting cat. Leo ran at you, clawing to climb onto your shoulders. This was a problem a long time ago, but since you said that it wouldn't ever affect you, the problem ceased to exist.

"Hi Leo! You missed me?" He meowed in response, purring on your shoulder.

You carefully balanced him as you walked, and headed to your bedroom to hide away your cash. You'd need it soon, for sure. You burned through your- investments, quickly through food and rent. Cat food wasn't cheap either. Nor were the vet bills. Hell, most of your money was spent on Leo. But you wouldn't leave him, no matter what happens.

"So, what do you want to watch tonight?" You ask him, now heading to the couch. You often turn on the news; or a nature channel, since Leo sometimes will try to catch the birds or other animals on screen.

You flop on the couch, turn on the TV, and flip through the channels. You're about to flip past the news channel, when something catches your eye. It was you, or at least the robbery you just pulled off. The news anchors gossiped about this new 'villain', and how you were able to escape the Avengers. Apparently it's big news.

They continue rambling on, and you're about to change it when they mention a new name.

"And what are you calling this new threat?" The first reporter asked at the table of drama.

"We like to refer to this new villain as 'Fate', simply because there is no way that they would have been able to escape all six Avengers if fate wasn't on their side." the reporter known as 'Jameson' said. Yes, it was that Jameson.

"Why thank you, but Fate is against me." you mumble to the TV, before shutting it off. It was already late, and you needed all your strength for tomorrow. For the meeting.

Shaking off the news, you head to bed, picking up Leo on your way over. "What do you think, Leo? 'Fate'? It's kinda catchy."

You quickly set Leo down on the bed, and climb in. You've had enough excitement for one evening. You're out before the reality of your situation set in.

*

The next day passes quickly in anticipation. You have no idea what's in store, because- well, it's the bloody Avengers! How are you supposed to know anything about them? Or what they're planning for you? You couldn't leave Leo. At least not for a long period of time. And if things turned south- 

You'd have to drop him off at your neighbors. They were nice enough. You hadn't seen them in awhile though. Not since the school year started.

Nonetheless, you ring up May, and wait for her to pick up. Who knows what would happen to you. It'd be nice to know Leo was with someone he liked. He seemed to really take a liking to Peter, when he used to come over.

"Hello?"

"Hi May! I was wondering if you were home? I need to go out for a bit but I think it's too long to leave Leo at home. Would you mind if I drop him off?" You got straight to the point, simply out of reflex. May always hated the whole rambling thing.