Chapter Twenty-Six

(A/N: Really long and a bit of a cliff hanger, sorry. This will probably get revision later, since it's so horrible. Also: happy valentine's day! Sadly I do not have a valentine- so if you do have one be happy! Anyway, hope you like this. Thanks for reading!)

Tony's press party came much quicker than expected. Well, the pre-party 'pull your shit together to look pretty' session came much quicker. The actual meeting and party was still hours away. Natasha had deemed you 'underqualified' to fix yourself up, and thus insisted to assist you. Which was actually a relief, since you could barely ever remember even putting on a dress before.

"Alright, the dress is on your bed, Clint will be back for make-up, I'll do your hair, but first I have to find some shoes." Nat said, listing off what she had prepared for you. Honestly, she could really be over-the-top when she wanted to. "Now go shower and change. I'll be right back." She said, shoving the dress into your hands, and rushing back out.

The dress was a beautiful green that brought out your features. It was beautiful, and the golden accents went along great with the pendant around your neck. Nat had also gotten you some jewelry, which matched your locket as well.

After a quick rinse -as well as finally figuring out how to work a dress- you exited the bathroom to a waiting Clint and Natasha. Clintasha. Funny how that worked out.

"Finally! Alright, sit down. This'll only take a second." Clint said, pulling out natural colors. At least you knew enough about make-up to know what colors he was using. You felt the different brushes sweep across your face, each feeling a tad different. It was nice though. You've never really had someone put make-up on you.

While he was fussing over make-up, Nat was showing you the shoes she picked out. They were a beautiful gold, and matched all the accents and jewelry you had on your body already.

Much more than a few seconds later, Clint finally declared himself done. Natasha moved to the side of you, holding a curling iron. She and Clint shared a look, and you knew it was one of pure mischief. Or maybe one about mischief. Who could tell with two master assassins?

After that little glance, Clint headed to leave, while Nat seemed completely inconspicuous. Which was completely suspicious. What could she be up to? You had a suspicion...

"So what's up with you and Loki?" She asked, starting to curl your hair. The hot iron being turned and twisted right next to your ear only encouraged you to not not tell her. Almost like a threat.

"Not much. What's up with you and Bruce?"

She scoffed at your topic change. "There's more than 'not much', Y/N. Come on, give me the details!" She said, while starting to work on another strand of your hair.

"Well, we may have kissed-" You started, feeling like you were gossiping with Peter about his school again. That happened a lot. Especially over a certain girl... Mj?

"Clint owns me another twenty."

"Of course he does. Do you always bet on everything?"

"Yes. And I'm always right. So did you two profess your love yet?"

You blushed under her questioning of crushes. "Yeah." You say in a quiet voice, not knowing how much you could share with Nat without it getting weird. There really wasn't anything more to it though, besides kisses and falling asleep together. But now Nat knew both.

"That's great Y/N! I've been hearing nonstop from Thor about how great it is that Loki found someone. Apparently you're one of his only loves."

You could only blush more under her praise. One of his only loves? For a prince over a thousand years old?