Chapter Eight

(A/N: Second chapter in one night! Yet again, I'm sorry for anything I missed during revision. Please enjoy!)

(Tony's pov, a little before last chapter's ending)

Tony was running scans on every camera, laptop, and phone in the city, trying to find where you were. Miss Fate. You were a hard one to find for sure. He just couldn't find you.

It was just about eight in the morning, and after being nagged nearly a thousand times, by more than just Pepper, he was finally considering going to bed. That is, until Jarvis stopped his music, and replaced it with the sound of a phone call.

"Hello? This is Midtown High, Principal Morita's office, Jennifer speaking."

He was confused. He hadn't called anybody. Was this a trick? Did he finally break? Should he really have had that twelfth pot of coffee? 

"Hi Jenny! I'm Y/N, calling about Peter Parker?"

He froze. Y/N L/N, Fate, the one they've been tracking for months, was calling about his s- his intern, to his school? Did you know his identity? Did you hurt him? Something was wrong. How did you know him?

"He's sick, and not going to be able to attend school for a few days, I was just giving the office a heads up."

There it was. Peter wasn't sick. No way he was 'just sick'. He was never sick. He couldn't get sick. Not usually. So you did know his identity. And you did something horrible to him. Fate- You might've-

A dreadful noise could be heard on the other side of the phone. Choking? Drowning? Crying? Who knew. But it was Peter, that's for sure.

"I'm sorry, are you one of his contacts? Unless we have confirmed approval of a contact, we can't confirm his attendance."

Oh please be a fake; please, universe, screw with your chances.

"Yes, I'm one of his contacts, Y/N L/N? His Aunt, May Parker, put me on for situations such as this one."

"Liar!" Tony jumped out of his trance, finally ready to do something about it. "Jarvis, trace the call."

"What is your relation to Mr. Parker?"

Come on Jenny! She was witnessing a kidnapping! Fate just kidnapped Peter! Call somebody!

"I'm his neighbor-"

"Sir, Y/N is-"

"at 123 Main Street Boulevard." You and Jarvis said at the same time.

"That's Peter's house!"

"Actually Sir-"

"Jarvis! Get my suit ready, and call up the other Avengers."

He flew out the window, knowing that his money would have it magically fixed when he got back. Right now, Peter was the only thing that mattered.

*

(Your Pov)

You were laughing at something Peter said, when someone knocked at the door. The two of you fell silent, from him gagging and making funny faces, and you laughing. Quickly, you gleaned at the door, trying to read who it was.

But the name was covered by numbers.

30

29

28

And they were slowly ticking.

20

19

18...

Shit. You silently curse at the universe for ruining your fun, and turn to look at Peter again. You two had to get out of here.