Chapter Twenty-Nine

(A/N: Another cliffhanger! This chapter also has quite a lot of whump, so you may not want to read it if that is a concern. There is AT LEAST one more chapter coming, don't worry. Thanks for reading!)

"Wake up!" Someone shouted in your face, their hot smelly breath hitting your cheeks. Honestly, a group of criminals smart enough to capture you should be able to take care of their own hygiene. Or maybe it was because of their hygiene that drove them to be villains. Who knew.

"Couldn't you have given me five more minutes? I still need to snooze my alarm." Ok, maybe that hit on your head had done more damage than necessary. Or that you realized.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Well at least he stopped yelling.

"Who was the idiot that gave me this concussion?"

He- Kevin, you realized, sneered at your comment. He attempted to compose himself, and you took that time to look around you. You were in a different room, still all concrete, except that the position you were trapped in was different. You were no longer chained to the wall...

You were strapped to a table. Like, an experimenting table. It was tilted somewhere between upright and leaning, and no matter what you did you could not get comfortable.

"Here's how this is going to work. I am going to ask you a question. If you do not give me an answer, there will be consequences."

"Like a spanking? 'Cuz I'm not letting you touch my ass. Especially not after what you did to Brenda-"

"Shut up!" He shouted. Turns out you hit a nerve. Apparently there really was some drama between Kevin and Brenda. "I will cut you into pieces until you give me my answers, ripping the very skin from your bones until I get what I want. Understand?" He said it forced, as if he had to really think about what threat he wanted to shout in your face.

You clamp your mouth shut. That was a nasty threat- obviously one he practiced in the mirror a thousand times- but you could only barely take him seriously. It would be beautiful to watch him writhe in pain... But even you weren't that cruel. You wouldn't be the monster he was trying to be.

You could wait it out. The Avengers would come, one hundred-

One hun-

You were dry. Numbingly dry of all your magic, Loki's or no. Your chancing... you had finally run out of fuel. Only once had you ever run out of fuel; and you had tried your best since then to make sure it never happened again.

But it did.

You were zapped of all your powers. All your preventative measures. Hell could break loose and all you could do was watch. Watch as you burned-

You were absolutely doomed.

"Do you understand?" Kevin asked, suddenly having a knife in his hands. Apparently you had been too into your own thoughts that you didn't even notice him grabbing a knife.

"I'm gonna warn you beforehand, that I barely know the Avengers or probably any answers to the questions you're going to ask me."

"Oh, but I think you do. You can see any secret, can't you? Don't tell me you've never looked..." He tossed the knife in his hands, before gesturing it at you, the sharp point on your end.

You set your jaw, staring at him menacingly. Or, hopefully it came across that way. You weren't entirely sure you even had a 'mean face'.

He smiled a wicked smile. It was one of pure evil, one that told you how ridiculously rotten he was. He was going to enjoy this- whatever this was. "Defiant as ever Fate. Let's see how much luck is on your side now, eh?" He set the knife down, luckily, although still keeping his smirk plastered on his face.