Part 4

INT. NICHELLE PAYNE'S APARTMENT-DAY

Jennifer walks in and notices brown moving boxes along with the eviction notice on the table.She is curious.Nichelle and Jennifer walk over to the couch.

NICHELLE

Thanks for coming by Jennifer.

JENNIFER

Yeah of course. I told you if I could do anything to let me know.What are the boxes for?

Nichelle sighs.

NICHELLE

I'm moving.

JENNIFER

Really? Somewhere close?

NICHELLE

To my sister Ivette's.

JENNIFER

Oh?

NICHELLE

Yes, with Khalil gone, it's hard being in this space without him.It's a reminder that I failed Khalil and Keenan.

JENNIFER

Mrs. Payne, please don't say that.It's not true.

Jennifer starts to feel emotional causing her eyes to flicker.She presses her thumb into the bottom of her chin inconspicuously while holding her face to stop any possible flare up.

NICHELLE

I just need a new start, you know?

JENNIFER

Yeah.

NICHELLE

I want you to have some of Khalil's things.

Nichelle picks up a small box of Khalil's drawings and track jacket.She hands it to Jennifer. Jennifer is visibly saddened as she looks in the box.

JENNIFER

Thank you Mrs.Payne.

NICHELLE

I know he'd want you to have them.

INT.ANISSA'S LIVING ROOM-NIGHT

Jennifer is sitting on the couch eating ice cream and Anissa comes down the stairs.

ANISSA

You know your gonna turn into a pint of ice cream soon.

Jennifer smiles as she eats another mouthful of ice cream.

JENNIFER

Meh, shape-shifting doesn't sound so bad.

ANISSA

Like you need another power.

JENNIFER

The way Freeland has been lately, I could use all the super human powers I can get.

ANISSA

Mhmm. Just focus on controlling the ones you have now, please.

Jennifer touches her chest as if she's been insulted.

JENNIFER

Was that shade?

Anissa snickers. Jennifer continues to feel her chest.

JENNIFER

Oh my gosh!

ANISSA

Jenn, what's wrong?!

JENNIFER

My necklace!...My necklace!

Jennifer continues grabbing her chest worried she may have lost the heart necklace Khalil gave to her.

JENNIFER

I have to find it!

Jennifer gets down on the floor looking for the necklace.Her eye color transitions to a bright glow.

ANISSA

Jenn! Jenn! Calm down!

Jennifer's hands start to generate electricity as her emotions take over. Anissa looks around and notices the golden heart necklace behind her on the floor. She reaches down to grab it. She holds it up to show Jennifer.

ANISSA

Found it!

Jennifer looks up at Anissa while still on her knees with tears in her eyes.She calms down and her powers subside. She sighs in relief.Anissa hands Jennifer the necklace.Jennifer holds the necklace in her hand.

JENNIFER

Its the last thing he gave me. It makes me feel like I have a part of him with me.Anissa meets Jennifer on the floor.She sits down across from her.

ANISSA

I know, but necklace or not he is always with you Jenn remember that.That kind of love never dies.

JENNIFER

I know you think I don't listen most of the time.

ANISSA

Think? How about know.

Anissa and Jennifer laugh. Jennifer playfully rolls her eyes.

JENNIFER

Seriously though Harriet, I do.I mean between mom, dad, uncle Gambi,school and Khalil's death,I don't know what I'd do without you.

ANISSA

Awww.Jenn are you getting sappy on me?

JENNIFER

"If there were no thunder, men would have little fear of lightning".Now, that's me being sappy.

ANISSA

What? Who said that?

Jennifer jokes.

JENNIFER

Look it up.

Anissa nods her head at her sister's wittiness.

ANISSA

Clever.