Part 1

INT. BOWMAN COLLEGE-LAB-DAY

LYNN is in her lab looking through a file cabinet and in walks AGENT ODELL. Lynn isn't trying to hide the irritation on her face as she looks up and sees him.

AGENT ODELL

Good morning Dr.Stewart.Have you and your family thought about my proposition?

LYNN

You've got to be kidding me.

AGENT ODELL

Dr.Stewart this Markovian war is not a joke.

LYNN

Leave my family out of this.

Lynn attempts to push the silent alarm under her desk but Agent Odell is on to her.

AGENT ODELL

No need for security. I'll leave, but my offer is still on the table.

EXT. DOWNTOWN FREELAND-DAY

A NEWSCASTER on the television is reporting in front of a damaged building about the clean up efforts after a riot ensued due to the shooting of "Cape Guy" by the Freeland police.

NEWSCASTER

Welcome back, everyone.Thank you for joining us.We are live in downtown Freeland. Devastating riots hit Freeland after the released video footage of the shooting of "CapeGuy".More than one hundred cars burned, forty youths arrested, thirty-two police officers injured and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage. However, Freeland residents have taken action and are contributing to the clean-up effort.

The program cuts to a middle-aged FREELAND VOLUNTEER.

FREELAND VOLUNTEER

I feel that it's a travesty. My family has been in Freeland for generations.I grew up here.It touched me because it could have been my brother, it could have been my son, it could have been me. This is my city.I love my city. I'm here to do what I can.

INT.FREELAND UNITED CHURCH-DAY

REV.HOLT is preaching a sermon in front of a small congregation.

REV.HOLT

We have no excuse for going around burning down our own buildings. Someone is gonna have to go around and clean this mess up. Someone's elderly relative is gonna have to go from bus to bus because the stores in our community are burned down.

Churchgoers shout agreeing with the sermon.

REV.HOLT

There are those during the riots found stealing and looting but thats not in our hearts.In the midst of all the struggle,Freeland will not surrender to the evils of the world. This community has been through more than it's fair share of conflict and yet we still stand.Freeland has the fortitude to push through whatever.Will the saints say, Amen!

INT.PIERCE HOME- ANISSA'S OLD BEDROOM-NIGHT

A shadowy FIGURE in the dark with glowing eyes stands near

the end of ANISSA's bed.Anissa is tossing and turning from a

dream.A window is open causing the sound of the trees and

wind to wake up Anissa. The figure disappears before Anissa

can open her eyes.She catches her breath as JENNIFER opens

her bedroom door and peeks her head in.

JENNIFER

You okay Harriet?

Anissa sits up looking disheveled.

ANISSA

Yeah...Yeah I'm good.I just had a bad dream I guess.

Jennifer walks over to Anissa and sits on the edge of the bed.

JENNIFER

About Grace?

ANISSA

I just wish I could find her and talk to her you know?

JENNIFER

Yeah, I know how that is.You really in love, huh?

Anissa seems hesitant to agree.

ANISSA

Is that what this is?

Anissa ponders on the thought.

JENNIFER

Sounds like it to me. I do hope she

shows up though.One Of us deserves a happy ending.

ANISSA

Aye, we both deserve that.

Jennifer gives a fake smile.

JENNIFER

I'm glad you stayed over this weekend.I can't believe Agent Odell

popped up on us like that.That was beyond creepy.

ANISSA

You can say that again.I wonder what his deal is.