Chapter 25

"Willie, there has to be something you wanted to do before you died, otherwise you wouldn't be here." Brielle pleads, looking at Caleb's pamphlet. It's the only one left after Caleb came back. He burned the rest of them to ashes, but had no idea Willie kept his under Brielle's bed. Luckily, Willie was able to keep that secret from him.

"I thought of something while Nick and I were trying to figure out yours, but I forget what it was." Mentioning Nick is hard for Willie since they had such a strong connection and now he's gone. Nick hasn't seen him since his spirit finally rejoined his body a week ago, but whenever Willie sees him, Nick seems happy.

"Well, here's the options: complete a long-term task or goal." Brielle reads first, but Willie dismisses it.

"My 'long-term' goals were to skate in a famous person's pool. Been there, done that, still here." Willie shrugs and Brielle moves onto number two.

"Rebuild relationships with family or friends." Willie sighs at this one.

"I didn't have any family. Dad died when I was three and mom drove off a couple years later."

"Could it possibly have something to do with your mom, then?" Brielle suggests, and Willie's face lights up.

"Yeah, that's what it was. But, I don't know where she went." Opening her computer, Brielle starts searching how to find where someone is buried and eventually finds a website that will search will most major cemeteries for a name.

"So, what's her first and last name?" Brielle asks.

"Emorie, E-M-O-R-I-E, Ingas, I-N-G-A-S." Brielle types the name into the database and there's one result. Granted, the last name is quite interesting, so to have more than one result would definitely raise some flags.

"Born on November 17th, 1924. Died on June 8th, 1977. Is that right?" Brielle wonders, although she has no idea when Willie was born, so the dates would be a guess.

"Yeah, that's my mom." Willie finally smiles for the first time in a week. "Where is she buried?"

"Let's see... DeMarcus Memorial Cemetery in Anaheim, California." Brielle reads off the screen, and it's only about a half hour drive away. Perfect.

"But, the guys need to help, too, so they don't become ghosts." Willie reminds her.

"Of course. Let's head to Julie's now." Brielle suggests, and they both poof away.

"Alexis, can you do something for me?" Reggie asks, praying she can hear him the whole time.

"Absolutely." The young girl replies, not even needing to touch him to understand what he's feeling. Reggie wants Julie taken care of when he goes tomorrow. A friend that can help her move on when he becomes a ghost, since they can't date.

"Make sure Julie's okay. When I go tomorrow. I know it was really hard for her when her mom passed." Alexis nods just as Brielle and Willie show up.

"Willie? What are you doing here?" Reggie wonders. Alexis takes this as her cue to head out, leaving Reggie with the two ghosts. Luke is at home, even though his parents can't really see him anymore, and Alex is at the beach, alone.

"I figured out what I have to do. But we should go now. Before your time runs out." Willie says, and Reggie nods, grabbing the keys to the car Luke usually drives and getting in the driver's seat. After picking up Luke and Alex, Reggie realizes he has no idea where he's driving.

"So, Willie, what is your unfinished business?" Luke wonders, voicing the thought everyone seems to have. Outside of Willie and Brielle, no one actually knows what he's doing and even Willie has no idea what exactly the plan is. Like, how do you forgive someone who's been six feet under for over forty years?